Krissykins

Weekend Numbers Oct 18-21

I'd say it has more appeal than Conan because the characters are stronger and the world of Eternia is more fascinating, with it's science vs. fantasy elements. Also, <3 Thor's "By the power of Greyskull" moment in TA-

Posted Image

The most recent MOTU cartoon did show the potential of what a live action film could be like, I can't see them being based off the original cartoon which I liked but is very of its time, I expect it would more like Hobbit or LOTR in term of Visuals.

Hasbro can't use the likeness of any car they want for free. They have to sign licensing deals. Some deals are for $$$, and some are likely just for advertising purposes for the car manufacturers. Hasbro owns the Transformers property, but since Paramount creates a lot of the vehicles seen in the movies (from the minds of Michael Bay and Co), Hasbro gives them a small cut of the toy sales.

The exact details aren't publicly known, and I've seen some speculation that GM pays Paramount to put their cars in the movie and then Hasbro pays GM to use their cars as toys, but the end result is everybody's getting paid.

The car manufacturers must make some money from toys based on cars used in films, best example being the

Bond films, I'm sure Lotus, BMW and Aston Martin get royalties.

Yep, Cars is the exception, not the rule.Not every CGI animation movie becomes a merchandise cash cow.Can you buy Minions in stores ?

Yes, you can. Theyre on everything. I agree with you that not every animated movie will make billions in merchandise just cuz Cars did, but DM is the wrong franchise to pick on. Uni will be making bank off the Minions and Agnes for years. Edited by Twerkdrew

Yes, you can. Theyre on everything. I agree with you that not every animated movie will make billions in merchandise just cuz Cars did, but DM is the wrong franchise to pick on. Uni will be making bank off the Minions and Agnes for years.

This. The Minions are huge.

The car manufacturers must make some money from toys based on cars used in films, best example being theBond films, I'm sure Lotus, BMW and Aston Martin get royalties.

To follow up in this, for years Hasbro (and Takara) really wanted to make a VW Bumblebee again, but VW wouldn't let them because they said they no longer wanted their iconic car associated with weapons and violence.

Word is we might finally get a Masterpiece Bumblebee figure next year, but no details are available just yet (at least not the last time I checked), and the asumption is that it will be a wepaons-free Transformers, because that might be the only way they could get the deal done. (If anyone has any updates on Masterpiece Bumblebee from the last month or two, feel free to correct this info.)

My predictions from Monday.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday-Sun

$28.6m 3rd weekend.  

OR

Mon 6.2

Tue 4.5

Wed 3.6

Thur 3.2

Fri-Sun

$30.5m 3rd weekend.

Looks like we'll come right in the middle...

Edited by lilmac

Will try to catch it today. Watched Children of Men for the first time yesterday in preparation. Great film! :)

Good film, i just didn't like the de-saturated look - but the loong action takes are unique and really pull you in. I hope that after Gravity's success, a few other directors jump the train.

Halloween Horror: ‘Carrie’ Falls To #2 Friday After ‘Gravity’ #1 For 3rd Straight Weekend, ‘Escape Plan’ Trapped, ‘Fifth Estate’ Flops

What the hell Carrie? 7m?

"Friday’s late shows in 3,157 theaters may lift the disappointing $7M gross but projections for its weekend range no better than $17M to $19M"

Also got a B- Cinemascore along with Wiki Leaks.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1