Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

FANT4STIC was embargoed until previews and IDR didnt have reviews until Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*from US critics in case of IDR. UK/international critics had reviews out Tuesday.

wow, how did I not know this is coming out tonight?

I guess with how bad work has been the last week and more that i completely zoned out on what day it really is.

Debating about seeing this now.

So, this goes to show how much I don't pay attention to the Transformers movies, but today my mind was blown when looking at the films on box office mojo and realizing that the third film of the series is called "Dark of the Moon" and NOT "Dark Side of the Moon". I have always thought it was the latter. I even thought BOM had made a typo with the title until I looked it up elsewhere. :wacko: :shy: 

Peace,
Mike

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

So, this goes to show how much I don't pay attention to the Transformers movies, but today my mind was blown when looking at the films on box office mojo and realizing that the third film of the series is called "Dark of the Moon" and NOT "Dark Side of the Moon". I have always thought it was the latter. I even thought BOM had made a typo with the title until I looked it up elsewhere. :wacko: :shy: 

Peace,
Mike

Maybe in this one 'Dark' is silent as in The Last Dark Knight :lol:

15 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Peace,
Mike

"Dark" is both a noun and an adjective. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/20/tepid-transformers-presales-point-to-a-less-than-furious-run-in-china/#71a9e4ff27c0

They say its dying in China

TF5's lackluster ticket presales numbers suggest that the record books aren’t about to be re-written. In fact, if the early pre-opening sales trend holds, The Last Knight won’t even come close to taking bragging rights as the highest-grossing film of 2017, let alone all-time. While it's still far too early to predict with any certainty, box office watchers shouldn't be too surprised at this point if the fifth film in the franchise doesn't even match the fourth film's grosses.

Precisely 72 hours before its midnight Thursday China release begins, Last Knight's presales were running at barely half the level that Fate of the Furious (aka "Furious 8") had enjoyed in the run-up to its PRC debut a few months ago on April 14th. The presales numbers for midnight screenings on one prominent sales site stood at 8.4 million RMB for TF5 versus 17.2 million RMB for Furious 8. Presales for Friday and Saturday screenings were running similarly far behind those of Furious 8,  at 29.1 million RMB for TF5 versus 62.2 million for Furious 8 on Friday, and 16.1 million for TF5 versus 28.1 million for Furious 8 on Saturday.

Ain't God good

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

"Dark" is both a noun and an adjective. 

I'm aware of that. :) I'm not sure what your point is? I was indicating that for as long as I can remember, I thought the title was something it wasn't.  

Peace,

Mike

3 hours ago, Wadey Wilsoney said:

Okay, here are my pros and cons. I'm trying to be as vague as possible but I'm putting this in spoiler tags anyway:

Hide contents

- Characters that serve no purpose other than to increase the running time. When the movie was over I constantly wondered what was the point of having that person in the movie

- Characters that disappear for such long stretches you actually forget they're in the movie.

- Jurassic World syndrome where the woman has no meaning to her existence if she doesn't have a man in her life.

Not a big fan of those 3 things but the other stuff is usually fine by me. I do'nt even understand why freaking transformers have to have so many characters anyway.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Movie starts playing in 7 hours on the east coast and no reviews posted to Rotten Tomatoes. Impressive embargo by Paramount. Not sure why they are so sensitive about it though. This movie is supposedly critic-proof.

Embargo ends right as the 7 PM screenings begin lol.

• Like 1