Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

4 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

DDqmw8NWsAAlAJn.jpg

At least some of these guys will be able to land on their feet.

"Prime, TF5 flopped. Everyone hates transformers. You're gonna completely ruin our name if you take the job."

"TF5 was a long time ago, Megatron. A long time. There are no new TF movies, you understand? Hasn't been a new one in 25 years. Not anywhere. This could be our last chance, last chane! I always thought we were part of God's plan. Maybe... Maybe we were God's mistake."

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Alli said:

The drop is stunning. But why did Pirates held better? Any guesses?

People evidently enjoyed Pirates more.

• Like 1

Y'know, if they hadn't insisted on using Bay in every single installment, I'd say this was prime material for a reboot 10 years down the road...

But what nostalgic parents are going to take their kids to a reboot of a franchise infamous for BOT NUTS, I WANT YOUURR FAAACCCCEEEE and Bay's brilliant legal analysis of how Texas pederasty laws work? Bayformers went so "hard adult" that it didn't create any new fans...it just brought out old ones and a generic "rock em sock em robots" audience. Nobody will care about these things in 10 years because we'll have video game systems that can emulate Doom 2016 on a toaster, and the writing was crap since Revenge of the Fallen. Good job flushing hundreds of millions down the toilet Paramount!

1 hour ago, teardropmina said:

seriously, how the mighty have fallen just the perfect description for TF5 in Taiwan. TF2,3,4 are on the all-time top 10. but this one performs just like another standard Hollywood summer flick. as if all of sudden, Taiwanese just abandon the franchise~ 

They started using review aggregators/social media?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

They started using review aggregators/social media?

Taiwanese mostly don't pay much attention to reviews.

FB has been popular since forever; TF4 still made history in 2014, outgrossing Iron Man 3, the highest grossing Marvel movie in Taiwan.

I think people just lost interest, franchise fatigue. 

3 hours ago, drdungbeetle said:

Y'know, if they hadn't insisted on using Bay in every single installment, I'd say this was prime material for a reboot 10 years down the road...

But what nostalgic parents are going to take their kids to a reboot of a franchise infamous for BOT NUTS, I WANT YOUURR FAAACCCCEEEE and Bay's brilliant legal analysis of how Texas pederasty laws work? Bayformers went so "hard adult" that it didn't create any new fans...it just brought out old ones and a generic "rock em sock em robots" audience. Nobody will care about these things in 10 years because we'll have video game systems that can emulate Doom 2016 on a toaster, and the writing was crap since Revenge of the Fallen. Good job flushing hundreds of millions down the toilet Paramount!

Image result for everything this guy just said is bullshit

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

Image result for everything this guy just said is bullshit

Good to see you don't think Transformers literally originated as a franchise for seven year olds and trying to pitch it as some kind of hard-R action film (which Bay clearly wanted to do) is the stupidest idea on Earth.

Casuals have fled this franchise, at least TRY to make something that might generate a few new real fans.

So the franchise that has more than 4 billion in receipts and another 700 million in HV sales is something that the general public hasnt embraced? 

Okey dokey.

• Like 4

Transformers had an epic run. There's no doubt this 5th movie is going to finish way below what Paramount had hoped. But the well eventually runs dry on almost all franchises. So if this is the end then they had a good run and it's time to move on to something else.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, teardropmina said:

seriously, how the mighty have fallen just the perfect description for TF5 in Taiwan. TF2,3,4 are on the all-time top 10. but this one performs just like another standard Hollywood summer flick. as if all of sudden, Taiwanese just abandon the franchise~ 

As if all of a sudden, people around the world got tired of seeing movies that are obviously awful... Like I said earlier, people are getting tired of seeing the same ol' shit.  And this movie is bad enough that even stupid people are realizing it. 

Spider-Man Homecoming will prove that audiences are perfectly willing to flock back to the same character when you do something NEW (yet classic) with it. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

As if all of a sudden, people around the world got tired of seeing movies that are obviously awful... Like I said earlier, people are getting tired of seeing the same ol' shit.  And this movie is bad enough that even stupid people are realizing it. 

Spider-Man Homecoming will prove that audiences are perfectly willing to flock back to the same character when you do something NEW (yet classic) with it. 

Spider-Man Homecoming will prove that audiences are interested in seeing how Spider-Man fits into the shared universe. Not to mention RDJ being in it who is a draw as Tony Stark.  If this was just another reboot alone it would be the lowest grossing Spider-Man film

and I am pretty sure the audience of TF films are not "stupid people". They are probably the same people that watch the movies people gush about online as well

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3

Even if the franchise dies, we'll probably see a reboot in a couple years. You just don't abandon a series that had 4 highly successful films.

Edited by Twelve
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man Homecoming will prove that audiences are interested in seeing how Spider-Man fits into the shared universe. Not to mention RDJ being in it who is a draw as Tony Stark.  If this was just another reboot alone it would be the lowest grossing Spider-Man film

and I am pretty sure the audience of TF films are not "stupid people". They are probably the same people that watch the movies people gush about online as well

I agree, one of the wisest women I know is a Tyler Perry fanatic. I wish people didn't judge others based on their taste in films.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Allow me to correct myself.  What I mean is... even the stupid people among the regular audience for the Transformers films. 

Now, if you want to argue whether there are or aren't any stupid people in the world, and whether they go to see certain kinds of movies, well...that's another discussion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

is this going to make even 600m ww?

easily. but 650 is not a lock though it could get close. thinking 630-640 ww.

imo it's looking at

138 dom + 227 china = 365

needs only about 235 from os-china for 600 ww.

i don't have a hang on how it's doing os-china but guessing at least 260?

for 650 it needs ~285 os-china.

tf5 ww could fall below potc5 and wondr by 150 as both those are looking 780-790.

Edited by a2knet