Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

I honestly believe this was literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It makes the first four look coherent. It's absolutely mind-blowing to see so much time, money, and effort put into something so completely nonsensical. 

That said, Bay still delivers the goods in the action set pieces. Really they need to fire and replace all the writers, not necessarily him.

$265M WW with 20% more markets to open is still blockbuster level. People in here are exaggerating. Yea franchise fatigue is clearly real (It's the 5th film) but it's still making $$$. A revamp or reboot can turn things around easily. Kind of annoying how some people are rooting franchises like POTC and Transformers to doom, yea you might not like these films but clearly millions still do. I don't wanna just see superhero movies. 

1 hour ago, Mr Impossible said:

$265M WW with 20% more markets to open is still blockbuster level. People in here are exaggerating. Yea franchise fatigue is clearly real (It's the 5th film) but it's still making $$$. A revamp or reboot can turn things around easily. Kind of annoying how some people are rooting franchises like POTC and Transformers to doom, yea you might not like these films but clearly millions still do. I don't wanna just see superhero movies. 

And I find these type of posts the same. I'm sorry but I'm sick of people blindly/overly defending movies super super under-preforming movies. 

If a movie drops 400-500m World Wide and we still cant say the run is poor then What is point of even posting on this site and then no film ever made in the history of man kind was ever a disappointment. 

Everyones a crazy fan boy. Pirates of Caribbean 1 is on my top 10 all- time movies, Transformers 1 has fallen way way off but in 7th grade I was beyond obsessed with it. Yet people on this site  tell me Im not a fan or a hater or blah blah, thats legit the furthest front he truth 

They made bad movies that dropped 50%, 50%!!!! No one green lights movies and says yeah I expect/we will be fine if this does hundreds upon hundrends of millions less. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

And I find these type of posts the same. I'm sorry but I'm sick of people blindly/overly defending movies super super under-preforming movies. 

If a movie drops 400-500m World Wide and we still cant say the run is poor then What is point of even posting on this site and then no film ever made in the history of man kind was ever a disappointment. 

Everyones a crazy fan boy. Pirates of Caribbean 1 is on my top 10 all- time movies, Transformers 1 has fallen way way off but in 7th grade I was beyond obsessed with it. Yet people on this site  tell me Im not a fan or a hater or blah blah, thats legit the furthest front he truth 

They made bad movies that dropped 50%, 50%!!!! No one green lights movies and says yeah I expect/we will be fine if this does hundreds upon hundrends of millions less. 

it's a disappointment but it shows how a strong a series is that a movie can have a huge drop and still make about three times its budget. That's a franchise that is strong. 

• Like 2

i actually enjoyed the first four and am generally a Bay fan (this disclaimer is for the "ugh, you're just another h8rrrrr" morons) but this is finally the one where i gotta tap out. where i gotta yell my safe word at the screen because it's just gotten to be more than i can handle. the nonsense trash was just on overload in this.

still better than the mummy tho. I liked anThony Hopkins and his butler a lot. give them one of these 20 spinoffs.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Impossible said:

And I just don't wanna see mindless action films.....

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i actually enjoyed the first four and am generally a Bay fan (this disclaimer is for the "ugh, you're just another h8rrrrr" morons) but this is finally the one where i gotta tap out. where i gotta yell my safe word at the screen because it's just gotten to be more than i can handle. the nonsense trash was just on overload in this.

still better than the mummy tho. I liked anThony Hopkins and his butler a lot. give them one of these 20 spinoffs.

:(

Traitor !

:angry:

Problem Paramount has is that the Transformers franchise is really all about the big budget CGI laden action scenes, which means they can't really go for substantially lower budgets on future sequels. Some franchises you can slice the budget and depend on good writing and the charecters to take up the slack, but not with this franchise and certainly not with Michael Bay a director who can blow things up real good but otherwise is a medicore...at best...director.

But it is fun to see the fanboys try to deny the reality that this film is underperforming badly. Only reason why Paramount might try a lower budgeted sequel is that Paramount has so little in the way of viable franchises.

• Like 1

Yes a sequel will probably be made but what happens when due to bad word of mouth from this film the next one drops another 250-300mil?

You still think they will be making 200+mil Transformers movies when the next one does 350-400mil worldwide?

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

On this forum, I've learned this wasn't the case.

well there's fanbases and there's cults. after the B+ you should do a doc series like leah remini on scientology or something. the people need to know what happens on the inside.

• Like 4

I admit I just plain do not like Bay as a director. He does action scenes well, but pretty much fails at everything else. When he does try for something with deeper charetercts, like "Pearl Harbor" he is a big fail. Except for the actual attack."Pearl Harbor" is the worst thing a film can be:Boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes a sequel will probably be made but what happens when due to bad word of mouth from this film the next one drops another 250-300mil?

You still think they will be making 200+mil Transformers movies when the next one does 350-400mil worldwide?

THIS! That's the whole point that people here don't get. The problem isn't this movie, this will still generate money for them, but, the future installments, the next one is locked to decrease even more: to sub $100m DOM, sub $200m OS-C, $250m in China, how the hell they're going to keep producing these movies if they start making $500m on $200m+ budgets? Keeping budgets at a high level while the profits keeps decreasing isn't a healthy model of business. Paramount releasing a new movie every year was like the worst possible idea, if it's dropping hard with a three years of wait, let alone with the next one coming next year? 

I'm really curious to see what they're going to do, or they're going to lower the budget for the next movie, or they're going to finish the franchise, I don't believe they're going to release another movie in the actual situation. 

• Like 1