Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Why would you do that to yourself?

I was tired at my first screening and since this movie has more mythology and plot points than LOTR, I was not sure what the staff was truly about so I needed to know because Bayformers is serious shit Godammit !

:ohmygod:

What  a freak of nature this movie is, a real Frankeinstein, a Monstrosity you show to scare children.

The rumor has it the Blu-Ray will have a 3h+cut, Sweet Yeezus !

Bay needs to take a break pronto.

Edited by The Futurist

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I was tired at my first screening and since this movie has more mythology and plot points than LOTR, I was not sure what the staff was truly about so I needed to know because Bayformers is serious shit Godammit !

:ohmygod:

What  a freak of nature this movie is, a real Frankeinstein, a Monstrosity you show to scare children.

The rumor has it the Blu-Ray will have a 3h+cut, Sweet Yeezus !

Bay needs to take a break pronto.

Spoiler

The staff controls the dragon... which then makes no sense since Quintessa has the staff but the dragon is on the good guys's side. 

Focus groups must have been hilarious for this, like asking to audiences who/what is doing what in the very last act/Battle : 

spaceships/robots/planets/THE STAFF (repeated 39 times I think)/medallion/military/the Last Knight/Little J-Lo/Merlin Family Tree/random scientist//Robot Gods/Hannibal Lecter/C3-PO rip off/The Round Table/ the generator something etc etc etc

MY GOD : what kinda of Cocaine they had in the writer room ?

I ve never seen anything like this, it s like they had story-lines for 15 movies and they managed to cram all this in a 2h30 movie.

It s truly mindboggling.

And exhausting.

:stretcher:

Edited by The Futurist

Yeah, the amazing - and disappointing - thing about this movie is that it was supposed to be the first one to benefit from the new writers room/story group that Paramount and Hasbro now have in place. Problem is, it played out like anything but! The story was a mess and the pacing was awful. Just way too much going on.

Strike 1 for the new writers. They need better ones.

There is absolutely nothing organic about how the movie unfolds, it s a bunch of disjointed parts telling 10 different stories.

I ve never seen anything like it on this level.

It makes look BvS and Amazing Spiderman 2 like coherent masterworks.

The last act had batshit insane visuals tho, ILM spared no expense.

:jeb!:

12 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, the amazing - and disappointing - thing about this movie is that it was supposed to be the first one to benefit from the new writers room/story group that Paramount and Hasbro now have in place. Problem is, it played out like anything but! The story was a mess and the pacing was awful. Just way too much going on.

Strike 1 for the new writers. They need better ones.

I heard they combined a couple of the stories together. So I am not sure if I blame the writers. 

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

There is absolutely nothing organic about how the movie unfolds, it s a bunch of disjointed parts telling 10 different stories.

I ve never seen anything like it on this level.

It makes look BvS and Amazing Spiderman 2 like coherent masterworks.

The last act had batshit insane visuals tho, ILM spared no expense.

:jeb!:

Plus, they had a ton of editors working on it--having a bunch of writers and bunch of editors working on a project seems like a recipe for disaster. Elsewhere somebody posted this article, and what I gather from that is that this was the first movie these editors had worked on that had so many people editing on it, and Bay was sending "finished" sections back and forth between editors to do additional editing. I don't see how he could expect a coherent piece of work to come out of that?

26 minutes ago, grimfandango said:

Plus, they had a ton of editors working on it--having a bunch of writers and bunch of editors working on a project seems like a recipe for disaster. Elsewhere somebody posted this article, and what I gather from that is that this was the first movie these editors had worked on that had so many people editing on it, and Bay was sending "finished" sections back and forth between editors to do additional editing. I don't see how he could expect a coherent piece of work to come out of that?

Without passing judgment on the movie (I haven't seen it) or the talented people involved, this is basically how reality shows are cut. 

Finally saw it. I liked the opening scene and the climax was suitably rousing but that middle section, holy shit it was it a mess

liked Cogman and Hopkins though and Vivian as well. And the IMAX 3D visuals were insane. Not as bad as I've been hearing but definitely needed a lot of work 

Edited by John Marston

I really liked the 2nd act. It's a truly fun, exciting adventure but for people don't like human stuff in TF movies it's sure a turn off.
Going to see it 2nd time today with my brother. I think most people in developing country don't see a movie multi times unless they're die hard fan or just super liked that movie :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Without passing judgment on the movie (I haven't seen it) or the talented people involved, this is basically how reality shows are cut

That explains a lot, doesn't it?

• Like 2

This will end up grossing less than the first film despite inflation and a larger budget. That must be really disappointing for Paramount since they were hoping this would kickstart a cinematic universe.

6 hours ago, Twelve said:

This will end up grossing less than the first film despite inflation and a larger budget. That must be really disappointing for Paramount since they were hoping this would kickstart a cinematic universe.

TF4 also grossed less than the first film.