Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Considering TF movies have been completely review proof, what's the studio scared of? Are times changing and social media making RT more and more prominent...

I think the studios know it's critic proof to an extent, but they may be trying to play it safe regardless.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

um oh my god this sounds incredible.

Hide contents

OH I FORGOT STANLEY TUCCI IS IN IT. HE PLAYS MERLIN AND MERLIN IS DRUNK AND SUMMONS A TRANSFORMERS DRAGON. 

STANLEY TUCCI IS DRUNK MERLIN.

BAAAAAY

My hype is off the charts now. Truly astounding.

Edit: I read the whole thread I'm nearly crying with laughter. Holy moly.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dark Rock said:

The initial feedback are extremely poor it seems..I was hoping it will be at least better than Age of Borington

Mark was completely dull in 4th and doesn't suit this franchise...they need to get Shia labeouf back and if not then try Chris Pratt

lmao sure Jan. 

I've seen every film in the Transformers franchise in theaters and have had a blast with every one of them except ROTF. I intend to continue and enhance this tradition with The Last Knight, as I have pre-ordered tickets for a showing on Wednesday for my mother, my sister, and myself but in IMAX 3D, a format in which I have not seen any of the previous films. 

• Like 3

Okay, here are my pros and cons. I'm trying to be as vague as possible but I'm putting this in spoiler tags anyway:

Spoiler

Pros:

- Some good moments. But these are few and far between

- Looks pretty. 3D is good.

- Great sound

- I liked that one character. Most of the time.

- Actually didn't notice that much product placement

Cons:

- Dumb beyond belief to the point where you actually want to cringe, laugh and cry at the same time.

- Most of the Transformers act like they would be better suited in a Looney Tunes cartoon. Annoying as fuck.

- Another irritating tag-along character that serves only as comic relief.

- Characters that serve no purpose other than to increase the running time. When the movie was over I constantly wondered what was the point of having that person in the movie

- Characters that disappear for such long stretches you actually forget they're in the movie.

- Jurassic World syndrome where the woman has no meaning to her existence if she doesn't have a man in her life.

- Dumb. Very dumb

- Rips off parts of Independence Day: Resurgence wholesale

- Overbearing

- Too damn long

- They don't allow alcohol on the theater

• Like 5