Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Movie starts playing in 7 hours on the east coast and no reviews posted to Rotten Tomatoes. Impressive embargo by Paramount. Not sure why they are so sensitive about it though. This movie is supposedly critic-proof.

what's the benefit of posting reviews? Many of them won't be just "I didn't like the movie and here is why" but flat out vitriolic towards Bay and his fanbase

• Like 3

Paramount just blamed the poor performance of Baywatch on the bad reviews when they held the embargo for it unless than 48 hours before opening, clearly aware that they had a troubled film on their hands. What will be the excuse here if this underperforms? It's so much easier to point fingers than accept accountability in this industry, it seems.

• Like 4

must point out that the TF films don't really perform like films with the type of reviews they get usually do. 2nd one after second weekend had a bunch of sub 50 drops and the 4th one still had better legs than the recent Fast and Furious movies and other films with some better reviews

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

If prod budget is 217 it's gonna make 3.5-3.7x that globally.

China still on track for 285-300.

Dom 150-160. Rest of OS 325-350

Gives 760-810 ww.

I think $350M is easily possible in China. Summer weekdays and little competition means better legs than Fast and Furious. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

I think $350M is easily possible in China. Summer weekdays and little competition means better legs than Fast and Furious. 

Well F8 did just below 2x. 2x+ is difficult for mega openers in China. It could do 350 but is far from easy imo.

150/2.2x/330m could be high-end i think.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Well F8 did just below 2x. 2x+ is difficult for mega openers in China. It could do 350 but is far from easy imo.

150/2.2x/330m could be high-end i think.

I just don't think you should base it on presales they're not very reliable especially in China. 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Honestly, I would trust the analysis from our China forum (and our regulars there) far more than anything a Forbes contributor cranks out. (And yes, while the numbers are the same, the spin put on them is very different). At the moment, TF5 seems to be slightly under-performing expectations there, though the total will still dwarf almost anything not part of the FURIOUS franchise.