ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

1 hour ago, Jack Nevada said:

I feel like they're trying to make this look more action-packed than it actually is.

Its probably more action packed than what you saw in the trailer.  In the trailer I saw thousands of bullets on the floor.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/06/fraternal-order-police-quentin-tarantino-surprise

The Fraternal Order of Police, which counts more than 300,000 police officers among its ranks, has a “surprise” in store for Quentin Tarantino and his film, The Hateful Eight.

“Something is in the works, but the element of surprise is the most important element,” Jim Pasco, executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police, told The Hollywood Reporter. “Something could happen anytime between now and [the debut ofHateful Eight]. And a lot of it is going to be driven by Tarantino, who is nothing if not predictable.” Pasco added that his group, the largest police organization in the world, would be “opportunistic.”

“That’s their way. They’re being inflammatory, they’re slandering me,”Tarantino said of the controversy in an interview this week. “I’m not a cop-hater, but that’s the way the attack me is calling me a cop-hater. … It’s much easier to feign outrage and start arguments with celebrities than to deal with the fact that the citizenry has lost trust in them.”

Tarantino has received some support since making his comments, including from director Michael Moore, who wrote on Instagram that certain police officers are “out to get Tarantino.” And in speaking to THR, Pasco said some kind of retribution was part of the agenda.

“The right time and place will come up and we’ll try to hurt him in the only way that seems to matter to him, and that’s economically,” he said.

“The right time and place will come up and we’ll try to hurt Tarantino in the only way that seems to matter to him, and that’s economically.”

He is worth $100m. Pretty sure their boycott isn't going to hurt him. They should spend more time figuring out how to regain the public trust and less time with this fake controversy about Tarantino.

• Like 2

“Something is in the works, but the element of surprise is the most important element,” Jim Pasco, executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police, told The Hollywood Reporter. “Something could happen anytime between now and [the debut ofHateful Eight]. And a lot of it is going to be driven by Tarantino, who is nothing if not predictable.” Pasco added that his group, the largest police organization in the world, would be “opportunistic.”

This sounds simultaneously ridiculous and frightening coming from a police official. Like they want to set up an armed robbery of his house or something. Tell me there isn't an actual implied threat in that quote.

Doesn't help that "Fraternal Order of Police" sounds like a freaky cult name. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

This sounds simultaneously ridiculous and frightening coming from a police official. Like they want to set up an armed robbery of his house or something. Tell me there isn't an actual implied threat in that quote.

Doesn't help that "Fraternal Order of Police" sounds like a freaky cult name. 

A lot of unions have odd names like that

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the police boycott having a big impact on the film's box office.  A friend worked for a concert promoter and it was hilarious when the Dixie Chicks had their big onsale day for their tour and almost nobody bought tickets and shows were cancelled left and right and all the holds on venues that had dates scheduled but not yet announced were scrapped.  QT wants to start a war with the cops.  We'll see how that works out for him.

Why do I feel like most of those who would watch this...

Will not give a shit about this "boycott", and if anything simple be galvanized by it?  Glorious 70mm it is.  Seriously, Tarantino didn't even say anything I'd consider off...police brutality IS an issue. And this stand against saying as much is just outright embarrassing.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, GumbyandPokey said:

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the police boycott having a big impact on the film's box office.  A friend worked for a concert promoter and it was hilarious when the Dixie Chicks had their big onsale day for their tour and almost nobody bought tickets and shows were cancelled left and right and all the holds on venues that had dates scheduled but not yet announced were scrapped.  QT wants to start a war with the cops.  We'll see how that works out for him.

This boycott isn't gonna do shit.  Whos not gonna go to a movie because of cops(seriously, cops, people that make a living giving you all those tickets for trivial shit) telling them not to?  I'm willing to bet the few who'd listen aren't the type that go see QT movies anyway.  If this has any effect at all, its gonna help because its free (and entertaining) publicity.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Yep, this gives me full confidence in the US police system. What a idiot.

53 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The Dixie Chick's pissed off their target audience.

I see no evidence that many of the people who swarmed to watch Django Unchained blindly support the police.

Yep, if the Dixie Chicks were a Metal, R&B, Rap or Alternative group they wouldn't have been harmed in the slightest. 

Those police statements - yeesh.  That sounds more like the mafia or terrorists than law enforcement.

• Like 7