Neo

Despicable Me 3 | June 30, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 9

Can't wait for this! Laughed heartily at the trailer. 

I'm surprised at people saying Despicable Me 2 is the peak at the domestic box office. Due to crowded summer schedule, yes, but The Secret Life of Pets just made $368M domestically. Illumination is on a roll right now! Why cap the domestic gross at DM2 level?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Can't wait for this! Laughed heartily at the trailer. 

I'm surprised at people saying Despicable Me 2 is the peak at the domestic box office. Due to crowded summer schedule, yes, but The Secret Life of Pets just made $368M domestically. Illumination is on a roll right now! Why cap the domestic gross at DM2 level?

It's possible but unlikely. Pets only had Dory holdovers, and weak competition to deal with. DM3 deals with 2 superhero movies that could attract families (Wonder Woman and Spider Man) and Transformers 5 (and to a lesser extent Cars 3).

• Like 1

Cars 3 will be hit hard in the summer but not too much. TF5 will die, Wonder Woman will be fine but will be hit by Spider-Man more than anything. DM3 should be fine, it gives families who aren't going to rush to superhero movies, and plus the minions are money makers! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So far, we haven't seen the girls, Margo, Edith & Agnes in the trailer.

Maybe the movie is hiding something from us.

Hoping for, without the girls the DM movies are totally useless (at least if you don't like the Yellow Shit).

3 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

Hoping for, without the girls the DM movies are totally useless (at least if you don't like the Yellow Shit).

I always thought that the girls were some of the most cutest characters in the DM-franchise. Have them gradually grow up and try to follow Gru's footsteps in terms of his legacy as a supervillain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I always thought that the girls were some of the most cutest characters in the DM-franchise. Have them gradually grow up and try to follow Gru's footsteps in terms of his legacy as a supervillain.

That's a pretty neat idea.

• Like 1

On 2017-02-05 at 10:39 PM, Arlborn said:

That's a pretty neat idea.

Thanks. ?

I like it more when these animated sequels can have the opportunity to age some of their characters up.

Some other animated sequels has done that in their franchises.

Toy Story 3 had Andy being older, The recent Ice Age sequels did it with Peaches....and How to Train Your Dragon 2 had Hiccup, Astrid & the rest also being older.

I do hope in the next DM-sequels, we can see that same thing happen with Margo, Edith & Agnes.

• Like 2

So Illuminations trolling Disney with its release dates can't be a coincidence can it.  Every Illumination release is 2-3 weeks after a Disney animation release.  

So far it's worked for them because each movie since DM2 has had a virtually competition free run AND has lost much money for Disney.

Moana has proven to be a much more loved film, but Sing will finish with a slightly bigger box office ONLY because of its uncontested holiday run.  

Kudos to Illuminations for intelligent strategy and BOY Disney is being idiots about not countering that strategy.

Edited by Planodisney

47 minutes ago, Planodisney said:

So Illuminations trolling Disney with its release dates can't be a coincidence can it.  Every Illumination release is 2-3 weeks after a Disney animation release.  

So far it's worked for them because each movie since DM2 has had a virtually competition free run AND has lost much money for Disney.

Moana has proven to be a much more loved film, but Sing will finish with a slightly bigger box office ONLY because of its uncontested holiday run.  

Kudos to Illuminations for intelligent strategy and BOY Disney is being idiots about not countering that strategy.

Except Disney has the opportunity to not release their film close to the Illumination film

• Like 2

It's great, once again, much better than all Pixar shenanigans...

And of course it's getting no love here - but will get it elsewhere throughout the world - and will squash the insipid Cars3 and Coco like cucarachas*...

*cockroaches

Edited by shayhiri