LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

AH won't win anything I'm expecting backlash for this oscar bait ! LolPlus other fishes in the pond are way more appealing

Maybe not at the oscars but definitely expect it to nab some stuff at the globes. It'll strongly benefit from being in the comedy categories.

Pretty sure the Curious George soundtrack hit #1 since then, but it's still an impressive achievement and Frozen will probably be the most successful movie soundtrack since Pitch Perfect at least.

That was a Jack Johnson album, this is a soundtrack.Much like how the Glitter and Bodyguard soundtracks are credited to Mariah and Whitney.

• Founder / Operator

Weather could be a factor here, but that $1.2m Thursday gross for PA is in line with what I was expecting toward a $10-12m weekend.

Devil Inside did $2m, but that was from midnight onward (PA was from 8pm, I think?) and wasn't a franchise sequel. Could see Marked Ones being even more frontloaded.

• Like 2

Posted ImageBoxOffice@BoxOffice1m

SAVING MR. BANKS took in an estimated $1.99M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $50.26M. #SavingMrBanks

Bigger drop than I thought but it still cleared 50M by today. :D.

BoxOffice@BoxOffice2m

FROZEN took in an estimated $5.32M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $277.13M. #Frozen

So its still following CoS pattern. But I think the weather had an impact. Jumps should be better for the weekend. Edited by WileECoyote

LOL at everyone going crazy for this number. First, this is not a normal sequel, so less frontloadness was obviously in the cards. Second, this is not a weekend where midnights are strong. Third, there's a heavy storm in the NE.

Devil's Inside grossed 2M in midnights and went on to gross +33M in its OW. Texas Chainsaw 3D (a well stablished franchise) made 1.15M in midnights and opened north of 20M.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

LOL at everyone going crazy for this number. First, this is not a normal sequel, so less frontloadness was obviously in the cards. Second, this is not a weekend where midnights are strong. Third, there's a heavy storm in the NE.

Devil's Inside grossed 2M in midnights and went on to gross +33M in its OW. Texas Chainsaw 3D (a well stablished franchise) made 1.15M in midnights and opened north of 20M.

Neither of those movies were part of a franchise that is/was as popular as PA at the time of release, though. If anything, Marked Ones could very easily be more frontloaded then either film.

It's a wait-and-see thing right now. Too many variables at the moment, especially coming off a very busy holiday.

• Like 1

AH won't win anything I'm expecting backlash for this oscar bait ! LolPlus other fishes in the pond are way more appealing

Doubt that will happen.  The only backlash will be some online forums and bloggers when Jlaw wins Oscar #2.  The meltdowns will be epic!

• Like 1