spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

I wonder if people that couldn't get into Lego, decided to see Frozen again

That is probably played a part in frozens good hold... but i also think that lego skews significantly more towards male viewers... also va flopping so hard might have helped frozen quite a bit (or to put it the other way round, va probably suffered quite a bit because of frozen)

That Saturday bump is impossible.

Why? Lorax had similar jump plus WOM seems to have kicked in already. Great Saturday numbers all around and Frozen dropped around 21% with direct competition from 70M opener. :blink: With that number DM2's going down on Sunday and 400M will happen.  :D

wow at the lego movie... massive just massive. 200m now assured given it's WOM so far... i'm thinking 250m possibly threaten 300m... 

Given the low predictions for other films this year could the lego movie be an outside shot for #1 film of 2014 ??  :ph34r:

frozen is impressive too... 400m is looking better by the day!

• Like 1

Saw Lego and Everything is Awesome!

2013 - 2014 Animation

MU > Frozen = Lego > Croods > Disappointment Me 2 > Cloudy > Epic fail > Dinoshit

All time

1. Ratatouille 

2. BatB

3. Up

4. TS3

5. Nemo

6. Wall.e

7. Mulan

8. TLK

9. T. Incredibles

10. Aladdin 

11. MU

12. LEGO

Honestly expecting it to be the best because I was so hyped for it(reading all the ">TS3 reviews and all"). I was extremely excited though.

But still a great movie.

Edited by tonicjr

Saw Lego and Everything is Awesome!2013 - 2014 AnimationMU > Frozen = Lego > Croods > Disappointment Me 2 > Cloudy > Epic fail > DinoshitAll time1. Ratatouille 2. BatB3. Up4. TS35. Nemo6. Wall.e7. Mulan8. TLK9. T. Incredibles10. Aladdin 11. MU12. LEGOHonestly expecting it to be the best because I was so hyped for it(reading all the ">TS3 reviews and all"). I was extremely excited though.But still a great movie.

Yay, i am not the only one in love with Ratatouille on this forum :-)
  • Like 1

I liked Lego enough that I used my SCENE points to see it in D-BOX 3D today. I opted for D-BOX because it's the same number of points and the 3 rows of D-BOX seats are the only reserved seating in that auditorium and I'll be damn if I'm going to stand in line over an hour to get a decent seat like I saw people doing last night. :P

As always, awesome number for Frozen. I notice the huge spill over effect last night and figured Saturday would have a larger than normal increase. 400m is locked, Iron Man 3 (409m) is probably 50/50 now and while CF seems virtually impossible I think there is suddenly an infinitesimally small shot at it now. Almost no chance isn't quote the same as no chance and with Frozen you just never know for sure. :D

wow at the lego movie... massive just massive. 200m now assured given it's WOM so far... i'm thinking 250m possibly threaten 300m... 

Given the low predictions for other films this year could the lego movie be an outside shot for #1 film of 2014 ??  :ph34r:

frozen is impressive too... 400m is looking better by the day!

if it has crazy VD weekend hold and makes like 350M, it has a chance. MJ1 should drop fro CF though I am not sure it will drop that much.  

I just realized that Saturday jump for Lego is better than The Croods and The Lorax...WOM kicking in?

No.

WOM doesn't kick in on day 2.  It more than likely has more to do with the late shows on Friday being muted perhaps due to the Olympic ceremony taking place.

LEGO could be #1 for the rest of the month, with the only spoiler being Non Stop. Either way, every #1 this month will have Liam Neeson. :)

Neeson could end up with 3 100M+ hits if Non-Stop is good and A Million Ways to Die in the West connects with general audience.

@BoxOffice: LONE SURVIVOR took in an estimated $5.3M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $112.59M. #LoneSurvivor@BoxOffice: RIDE ALONG took in an estimated $9.4M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $105.12M. #RideAlong@BoxOffice: THAT AWKWARD MOMENT took in an estimated $5.54M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $16.85M. #ThatAwkwardMoment@BoxOffice: VAMPIRE ACADEMY opened with an estimated $4.10M this weekend. #VampireAcademy

• Like 1

@BoxOffice: LONE SURVIVOR took in an estimated $5.3M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $112.59M. #LoneSurvivor@BoxOffice: RIDE ALONG took in an estimated $9.4M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $105.12M. #RideAlong@BoxOffice: THAT AWKWARD MOMENT took in an estimated $5.54M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $16.85M. #ThatAwkwardMoment@BoxOffice: VAMPIRE ACADEMY opened with an estimated $4.10M this weekend. #VampireAcademy

More than quadrupled my expectations. Impressive.

• Like 1