Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I dont think people care that Pandora is a whole new world to explore. When i ask people why they love avatar is came down to the fact that it was very pretty and had a love story in it. If Avatar 2 goes too sci-fi, or too hardcore and loses the love story it wont do so well. Avatar was Titanic in space with a happier ending. If Avatar 2 is more Aliens or T2 it will drop like a stone, better film or not.

Pandora will always be very pretty. And I think the sea on the plant is prettier. :)

True, it is a lovely world and will look even better in A2 but people loved the love story. Its the absolutely key to its success.

I agree. As much as its detractors want to believe that audiences din't care about anything but the special effects, I went to see the film with a group of 7 people, and all we could talk about afterwards was the love story between Neityri and Jake, and the emotional resonance of the plot. That's why I laugh whenever I read "Avatar had no emotional impact. It was all pretty colors." It makes me think "Speak for yourself."

I agree. As much as its detractors want to believe that audiences din't care about anything but the special effects, I went to see the film with a group of 7 people, and all we could talk about afterwards was the love story between Neityri and Jake, and the emotional resonance of the plot. That's why I laugh whenever I read "Avatar had no emotional impact. It was all pretty colors." It makes me think "Speak for yourself."

Yeah i said the same when it was first released. The movie was set up very much like Titanic with the first 2 thirds a love story and the last third all out action, it was one of the reasons why i had that feeling that it may just challenge Titanic and it was obvious to me that Cameron knew he had so many eyes on him after being out for so long and having his last film being Titanic that Cameron took a lot of what made people connect with Titanic and put that into AVATAR.

Only thing I could think if this was true (keep in mind it most likely is not) Is that Fox, Cameron, and guy could have been talking about some sort of agreement. If it where true Cameron and Fox would not want the press to find out.

Maybe but an agreement shouldn't take 2 years. This looks very shady. Edited by druv10

Always fun to have a laugh at people who think Avatar had a great or even decent love story. It wasn't the film's strong suit folks. There are a billion films out there with a better love story than Avatar had.

Avatar had such a weak love story. It like saying Potter is a love story.

Avatar had such a weak love story. It like saying Potter is a love story.

Avatar is more of a love-story then Potter... Basically Jake falls in love while Nyteri is kicking his ass and teaching him. Then she falls for him and there are obstacles they have to overcome, like the fact he's not even a real alien. Not to mention, there's an alien race trying to kill her family and their home. ;)