Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

What's the view count to box office ratio of this @IronJimbo? I can't wait to extrapolate it when the A2 trailer drops. 

That movie and thus the trailer are so old in the timescale of the internet that I remember it breaking Apple's record for trailer views with like a whole 4 million views.  

That was just 10 years ago!

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2014 at 2:09 AM, treeroy said:

I'll be honest with you, I see Avatar 2 doing half of what the first did. Seriously, I think these sequels will start off below $400M and then just drop further.

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 2

No final decisions have been made yet.....good  

James Cameron is spilling the beans!

ET’s Ashley Crossan spoke with the directing and producing legend at the L.A. premiere for Alita: Battle Angel on Tuesday, where he was asked to discuss the four titles for the upcoming installments in the Avatar franchise, which seemingly leaked last year.

“I can neither confirm nor deny,” the Oscar winner first stated, but when pressed, he followed up by stating, “All right, here’s what I’ll tell ya. Those titles are among titles that are in consideration. And no final decisions have been made yet.”

The possible titles include Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa, per BBC News.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Do you think we'll see a trailer by the end of the year? attached with Star Wars perhaps?

The merger with Disney is a factor, Landau didn't rule out the possibility of re-releasing Avatar for a very short run, obviously one that won't interfere with Star Wars, Marvel or Pixar product Disney might have planned. I wouldn't be surprised if they included a little preview as a lure for fans to see the movie again on the big screen. 

They probably have some performance capture scenes already completed and fully rendered, maybe they'll surprise us with a teaser of some kind this year once the title is locked in. 

34 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Do you think we'll see a trailer by the end of the year? attached with Star Wars perhaps?

Yeah I think we'll get a trailer by Christmas.

I hadn't realised that they haven't done live action filming yet. I thought they had already filmed the whole of the first sequel.

54 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

The possible titles include Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar: The Quest for Eywa, per BBC News.

I wouldn't mind those titles, they don't sound bad to me, not that titles matter a great deal either.

Speaking of that, this really reminded me the incredibly off-putting attitude the screen-junkie guys put on about these sequel names, they basically laughed it off and implied (as they did many times before) that Avatar sequels are completely unimportant and no one should pay any attention to them. I remember being pretty annoyed when watching it, they are getting to the topic at around 17:30 mark.

Edited by NCsoft