Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

by the way it's CENTURY not decade. Decade is 10 years, century is 100 years, in case you are confused about that

Anyway it's not like they are hopping on the popular cause of the hour to promote their movie, the ocean is something that Cameron has been passionate about for his whole life and it shows in his career. How dare he use his platform to bring a little more attention to it? He doesn't have to do this at all. It's a really silly thing to get worked up about, save your outrage energy for something else 

The only one getting worked up seems to be you since you spent way too long focusing on a typo even bolding and enlarging the font all to tell me something you knew I already know.

Noticing this type of marketing isn’t “getting worked up” it’s called not being naive. If Avatar and Disney want to virtue signal during a freaking movie trailer especially about the earth they will get called out for being hypocrites.

Edited by VENOM
  • Knock It Off 1

The RDA is going hunting.......

THE RECOMS ARE EQUIPPED to achieve their mission by
any means necessary and to ensure the RDA's advancement
and its military goal: to retake Pandora in order to provide
a new home for humanity The RDA believes that every
living being on Pandora wants to repulse it and the
Recoms must be aware of that fact every second of every
day. Their mission is facilitated by a range of tools and
artillery that aids them in all scenarios.

WE WILL TREAD ON YOU - note the skull with Quaritch's three scars. 

ljorae8k4kv91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Deuce66
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

Moderation

@VENOM has been threadbanned for 24 hours for continuing this environment "virtue signaling" discussion when I explicitly said this conversation was over. When a staff member tells you to stop, you stop. Thank you.

Did he just get off a 6 month ban like, yesterday?

7 hours ago, Eric Adam said:

Moderation

Not the environment thread. Please go back to talking about Avatar 2 and only Avatar 2.

c'mon theres nowhere else to talk about this and considering the latest ad its definitely relevant

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

c'mon theres nowhere else to talk about this and considering the latest ad its definitely relevant

32 minutes ago, Imperius ReXXR said:

Y'all can exchange WhatsApp numbers and go crazy then :whip:

Or chat about this in the appropriate section of the forum:

• Knock It Off 1

Little rant, do you guys think Disney marketing or lack of it for Avatar 2 is lackluster?
Small teaser released 6 months ago, we are less than 2 months till release and there's still no real big trailer. I don't think it's good for them to wait for last 30 days to start promoting it, imo they should drop big trailer with Balack Adam and then some additional one with BP2.
We got some merchandise (cereal, McFarlane/Lego toys, artbooks) and re-release of first Avatar (2 weeks cut short even when it still was doing ok sales worldwide). There are small interviews done by cast members but that's really low key (few thousand views on youtube). 
I saw three days ago movie Smile in most popular cinema network in my country(EU) and there were some trailers played before it but no teaser of Avatar2. 

Are they really waiting for last month before December to release main TWOW trailer and start marketing?
I don't get it how marketing for sequel of biggest boxoffice movie of all time can be so lackluster.
For the first Avatar they were making Avatar day in August 2009 (which was marked by every Imax cinema in the world) and playing for free 15 minute of footage in 3d for people to get super hyped, that was great strategy to create positive word of mouth before release.

Edited by adaros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adaros said:

Little rant, do you guys think Disney marketing or lack of it for Avatar 2 is lackluster?
Small teaser released 6 months ago, we are less than 2 months till release and there's still no real big trailer. I don't think it's good for them to wait for last 30 days to start promoting it, imo they should drop big trailer with Balack Adam and then some additional one with BP2.
We got some merchandise (cereal, McFarlane/Lego toys, artbooks) and re-release of first Avatar (2 weeks cut short even when it still was doing ok sales worldwide). There are small interviews done by cast members but that's really low key (few thousand views on youtube). 
I saw three days ago movie Smile in most popular cinema network in my country(EU) and there were some trailers played before it but no teaser of Avatar2. 

Are they really waiting for last month before December to release main TWOW trailer and start marketing?
I don't get it how marketing for sequel of biggest boxoffice movie of all time can be so lackluster.
For the first Avatar they were making Avatar day in August 2009 (which was marked by every Imax cinema in the world) and playing for free 15 minute of footage in 3d for people to get super hyped, that was great strategy to create positive word of mouth before release.

Disney marketing team is overrated. They are useless without marvel flicks, Lucas film and live action remakes of Disney classics. Very easy to promote those things. Fox put their heart & soul marketing the first one. Will not be shocked if this disappoints at the box office.

22 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Disney marketing team is overrated. They are useless without marvel flicks, Lucas film and live action remakes of Disney classics. Very easy to promote those things. Fox put their heart & soul marketing the first one. Will not be shocked if this disappoints at the box office.

I don't know anyone whose happy with the marketing so far.

We've got the biggest and best film of the century about to be released and no ones kicking up a fuss?

It’s still only October, I think it’s been fine so far. The teaser has played before every major film I’ve seen over the past few months and the poster is up in cinemas, so cinema goers are definitely aware of it. Not only that, but we’ve had a pretty successful re-release of the original film less than a month ago. You don’t want to bombard the GA with advertising until nearer the release. There’s no point showing TV spots or putting up billboards more than a month in advance.

If there’s no main trailer with Black Panther in two weeks then people might have a point, but I seriously doubt Disney will miss that trick. Once BP is out, they’ll ramp it up massively. It makes me laugh when I see people say “Disney don’t care about Avatar!!” when they literally just paid for the advertising and distribution of a re-release, you don’t see that for every film that has an imminent sequel, so to say they don’t care or are dropping the ball is way off the mark in my opinion. There’s nothing to be concerned about here.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't know anyone whose happy with the marketing so far.

We've got the biggest and best film of the century about to be released and no ones kicking up a fuss?

Disney has Funny book films and generic Disney animated films to market first..

An independent FOX would have given this the Marketing push it deserves. Such a shame 

I mean No Way Home did 800m with a last blitz ad rush during the last three weeks. I’m pretty confident Avatar 2 will be the main holiday event  with a marketing blitz during the last month. Things have just changed marketing wise mainly due to Covid. The usual 3-4 trailers for movies is now a teaser 4-5 months prior and and a trailer to coincide with ticket sales.

Also while yes indeed fuck the mouse, if they didn’t care at all, we wouldn’t get an Avatar rerelease. 

• Like 1

I don't know, but I don't worry much about the marketing. I remember it's similar with the first movie. It was actually one reason why a lot of the people here and in the industry lowballed that one, and we know how it did. I think having the marketing in full gear maybe 2 weeks after BP: WF opens is okay.

I would hope for A2 full trailer can debut before BP2 so that people in masses can enjoy watching the trailer in theater and BP2 is the only major event before A2.

I am also more concern on how are theaters around the world coming along with their projector upgrade. I wouldn't want the lesser 2K quality dent my viewing experience.