Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Isn't it 1B Budget for all 4? 

That's 250M per movie, he's fine 

But yeah around 2B seems right to me

No one knows the true numbers except for Mr. Cameron and a few involved.  😁 

But they haven't shot most of 4 and none of 5, yet.  They've only really fully shot 2 and 3. 

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

No one knows the true numbers except for Mr. Cameron and a few involved.  😁 

But they haven't shot most of 4 and none of 5, yet.  They've only really fully shot 2 and 3. 

I think the TotalFilm interview with Cameron said it´s a billie for all the 4 movies, i read earlier today 

But yes the exact numbers i think we´ll never know, but it´s probably around 250M each based on the estimative for all 4

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its a JIMBO BOMB for sure. with 600m Budget including marketing, possible china ban and no Russia release, Dollar being crazy strong and Europe going through crisis, economic headwinds almost everywhere,  its in trouble. 

As long its received well and has good legs(> 4x domestic) everywhere, Avatar 3/4 will hopefully help recover some of the mojo. 

I hope he makes a great movie. Disney can afford the write off 🙂

What is a Jimbo Bomb?

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Isn't it 1B Budget for all 4? 

That's 250M per movie, he's fine 

But yeah around 2B seems right to me

From the numbers I've heard, it's much closer to 1bn than 250m. 3 is less than 2 because a lot of tech leg work has been done here. 

Disney are betting big on this

Edited by SchumacherFTW

52 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Totally forgot this was a Disney film. Boy, they just gorged on everything didn’t they? 

I say this as if Disney is even a factor here. It's just Jim doing the usual, would have been the same if Fox wasn't bought by Disney.

I wouldn't be suprised if Jim has burned through $500m of the $1b production budget already, considering they completely filmed Avatar 3 already.

I'm not really sure how they monitor how much money was spent on Avatar 2, rather than 3, considering they were made together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

From the numbers I've heard, it's much closer to 1bn than 250m. 3 is less than 2 because a lot of tech leg work has been done here. 

Disney are betting big on this

2 would be more because of delays as well. It will release after what? 8 years in production.

That said $1B would be including everything I believe, not just production.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

2 would be more because of delays as well. It will release after what? 8 years in production.

That said $1B would be including everything I believe, not just production.

Not that much. Production officially started in 2017 (after the scripts for 4 movies were done and the underwater capture technology ready). Then there was a 1 year delay because it was more work than they anticipated. The other delay was due to the covid situation.

All in all I'd say the production has gone relatively smoothly for a project of this size

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

Not that much. Production officially started in 2017 (after the scripts for 4 movies were done and the underwater capture technology ready). Then there was a 1 year delay because it was more work then they anticipated. The other delay was due to the covid situation.

All in all I'd say the production has gone relatively smoothly for a project of this size

Exactly.  You folks shouldn't get so tied up in exactly what money was spent how.  Just know that Cameron is efficient where he needs to be, spends where he needs to, and of course people trust him at this point to deliver.  And notice that the Walt Disney studio logo does *not* appear on the trailer(s) for AVATAR -- you can make an educated guess whose choice that was...  

Edited by Macleod