Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 hours ago, jedijake said:

Are people going to be running out to see this just for the visuals again? Because there's 0 anticipation for the story.

Zero anticipation from YOU you mean. Its going to be a rough ride for you when this makes $2-3bil worldwide.

It reminds me of the Mojo days when haters were saying 'no one cares about the story, and the Blu Ray sales will prove it', then a few months later it became the biggest selling BluRay of all time, a record it kept for years until 'Frozen' eventually beat it.😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Zero anticipation from YOU you mean. Its going to be a rough ride for you when this makes $2-3bil worldwide.

It reminds me of the Mojo days when haters were saying 'no one cares about the story, and the Blu Ray sales will prove it', then a few months later it became the biggest selling BluRay of all time, a record it kept for years until 'Frozen' eventually beat it.😃

it still is the highest grossing blu-ray of all time (excluding box-sets). Frozen sold more copies but made less revenue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pre Sales started today in Argentina and there are a couple of things I think are worth mentioning:
-All kind of discounts are not allowed for Way of Water in Argentina until Monday 19th. You have to pay full ticket if you want to watch it on OW.
- In my area, there are more 2D showings than 3D. 1 theatre (of 2 auditoriums) has 3 2D showings vs 1 3D; another theatre (4 audts.) has 3 2D showings vs 3 3D; and the last one (5 audts.) has 7 2D showings vs 3 3D. 
- All the 3D showings in my area are dubbed

Back in September when A1 was rereleased I mentioned I didn't have a good experience with 3D, and now that there aren't 3D subbed showings, I have pretty much confirmed that at least my first viewing will be just in 2D

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

What do you think she was implying? I watched the clip and I read it as "as good as 2 is, 3 is even better"

Pretty much this; what I was getting from her across a couple of interviews:

A2 is as much of a transformative experience as Avatar, and if you do connect with it, A3 will be even more rewarding.

some of my countries theaters mention HFR while others dont, if a chain doesnt mention it it because it simply isnt there right?

anyone have an opinion on cinemark xd real 3d as a format? will try to go to the imax later, but thats the cinemark is the only I can get if seeing the movie in ow is the plan

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

15 minutes ago, M37 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger here 😇

Ai this point i don´t think anyone is really bothered by this, we just had a huge re-release and the sequel tracking [and selling] like a 175M opener. This was an acceptable argument maybe a year ago before we have actual data that dismiss the whole question. 

And while i know the title may read as the same thing we heard since 09, the article is actually very decent. The writer never really get why and how the movie turn into a phenomenon because he didn´t watch it on theaters, just on a notebook screen. But he said he finally watched on theaters 2 months ago and finally understand the appeal, it´s just something special that is so intricate to the theatrical experience itself that it doesn´t make sense out of this context. 

We´re actually hoping the sequel will be the same thing, this is the type of movie theaters need right now. 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Thanks 5

I don´t really have the talent or the energy to track ticket sales like our friends on the tracking thread, but i looked earlier and it´s selling very well in Brazil from what i´m seeing. 

Presales here usually aren´t anything special unless it´s a huge MCU movie, so i wasn´t expecting anything tbh. But for my surprise, the previews are selling very well on the premium screens. 

9 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Asked how audiences should time a bathroom break, Cameron says, “Any time they want. They can see the scene they missed when they come see it again.” He’s not kidding. 

lol

Why are we having this stupid bathroom break thing again. I thought after Endgame and many other long MCU movies recently, it should be rested.

40 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I don´t really have the talent or the energy to track ticket sales like our friends on the tracking thread, but i looked earlier and it´s selling very well in Brazil from what i´m seeing. 

Presales here usually aren´t anything special unless it´s a huge MCU movie, so i wasn´t expecting anything tbh. But for my surprise, the previews are selling very well on the premium screens. 

Tracking is more about setting up a scraper than anything unless you want to just lose your mind counting. But yeah, PS is looking hella impressive near me too in Italy, and extremely spread out.

• Like 1