Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

RT is going to be worse than first one it seems. First one started with a bang and dropped to mid 80s over the years. 

This is faltering out of the gate. Oh well. I will watch it but hype has taken a hit.

The first one settled on the low 80s back when it was still in theaters. 

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

RT is going to be worse than first one it seems. First one started with a bang and dropped to mid 80s over the years. 

This is faltering out of the gate. Oh well. I will watch it but hype has taken a hit.

First Avatar was in the 80's back on December 2009

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

This is not true. It started in the low 80s, and got pretty much the same exact reviews as this one.

edit: lol, i see this has already been pointed out

Edited by Derpity

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

You say that when The Daily Star and Daily Sport exist in general 

I've read many articles in the last 3 months from the guardian and they're full scale haters of the first Avatar and Avatar 2's prospects before it was even close.  In terms of the UK media, I dislike them in general and yeah those two suck aswell.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I've read many articles in the last 3 months from the guardian and they're full scale haters of the first Avatar and Avatar 2's prospects before it was even close.  In terms of the UK media, I dislike them in general and yeah those two suck aswell.

yeah, Bradshaw is a good writer, but his tastes vary wildly.  They usually have a second review in the paper from a different critic so expect that to be positive. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Checking the closest available date after 100+ reviews came in, the first Avatar was at 83 on Dec. 29 2009:  https://web.archive.org/web/20091229172645/http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/.