Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3D is fantastic if its done in Camoroun style..But he can only make so many movies.. So thats the problem..

I'd say I was completely underwhelmed by Avatar's 3D, but even I'm tired of talking about that now. Suffice it to say if that's Exhibit A in why the format is good my point still stands. Edited by Hatebox

That's a little exaggerating. People are tired of 3D done in bad, not the format itself. People are getting skeptical becasue there are too many studio-forced 3D out there that are not worth the extra charge on the tickets.And if someone is to blame for this situation, it's the studios themselves.

I actually disagree with that. Its pretty evident that the 3D phenomenon is coming back down to earth. I'm not saying that 3D is gonna die, it won't, its still not gonna be viable(and improve) for huge tent pole films like the Hobbit movies and the Avatar sequels, but 3D is NOT going to be the "future" as some of the Hollywood elites are still touting. I don't see 3D completely taking over 2D in the same way that color took over black and white for a very, very long time... if ever.

I actually disagree with that. Its pretty evident that the 3D phenomenon is coming back down to earth. I'm not saying that 3D is gonna die, it won't, its still not gonna be viable(and improve) for huge tent pole films like the Hobbit movies and the Avatar sequels, but 3D is NOT going to be the "future" as some of the Hollywood elites are still touting. I don't see 3D completely taking over 2D in the same way that color took over black and white for a very, very long time... if ever.

I can see 3D taking over if the prices dropped and they eliminated the use of 3D glasses.

Report: James Cameron Buys 2,500 Acres In New Zealand

Director James Cameron has bought farmland in New Zealand outside Wellington, Reuters reports. Cameron’s property is about 12 miles from from the estate of fellow filmmaker Peter Jackson who’s currently at work on the two-parter based on The Hobbit. Cameron’s property amounts to nearly 2,500 acres in the Wairarapa region about 50 miles northeast of Wellington, records show. The Avatar director owns two separate properties in the vicinity known for beef, sheep and dairy farming as well as vineyards. Cameron reportedly paid about $16.7 million. Records indicate Cameron and his family plan to “reside indefinitely” in New Zealand, Reuters said. The Camerons currently reside in Malibu. Cameron’s land purchase has fueled local speculation that he intends to make a significant portion of his two Avatar sequels in New Zealand.

Well, I dont really see you disagreeing with me. I just think some people are going to extremes on 3D. "The public are tired of 3D. It's going to die.", or "OMG 3D is the future of cinema. 3D will take over everything." In fact 3D is in the middle of them, and will forever be.I'm just saying that people are not tired of the format. What people are tired of is 3D done in bad.

TF3 had the best 'in your face' 3D, Avatar had the best 'that looks beautiful' 3D :) And I much prefer the type of 3D where things just look more real/look much nicer, instead of the 3D which is just in your face. Nonetheless, TF3 was rather amazing.

The best 3D I ever saw was hands down How to Train Your Dragon on Imax. It was truly breathtaking aesthetically and the "in your face" effects were phenomenal. That's gotta be in my top 5 movie going experinces ever. Avatar's 3D is easily 2nd, but HTTYD's was just in another league. I was disappointed in TF3's 3D. I saw it in Imax expecting the 3D to lend itself amazingly to a movie like that, and to me it was like so many of the live action 3D movies where you can barely notice the effect at all. Edited by MovieMan89