Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

The meltdowns here if this movie gets banned in China for some arbitrary bullshit reason will be truly incommensurable.

And it's not an impossibility. CHina has been getting a lot of criticism over it's lack of action on envioremental issues, and it might be feeling sensitive about that come movie opening time..........

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And it's not an impossibility. CHina has been getting a lot of criticism over it's lack of action on envioremental issues, and it might be feeling sensitive about that come movie opening time..........

And it looks like there in for the long haul on the zero-covid plan they have as well

55 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

The meltdowns here if this movie gets banned in China for some arbitrary bullshit reason will be truly incommensurable.

Don't worry, I'm already mentally prepared for that scenario and kind of just by default assume that it won't come out in China.

So new narratives already forming in my head 😄, such as:

"Doing 3 Billion without China is as impressive as doing 4B with China! this run is on Par with the original Avatar!"

"Given the circumstances regarding China, this run still counts as one of the GOAT box office runs!"

"Even though we didn't get that $800M from China that we dreamed of, there's always Avatar 3, 4 and 5!"

"Avatar:TWOW's oversea-China and Worldwide-China record is going to hold for quite some time"

Edited by NCsoft
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hw64 said:

‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ Teaser Trailer Nabs Huge 148.6M Views in First Day

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avatar-way-of-water-trailer-online-views-1235144334/

About 71% of Thor love and Thunder, but significantly more than the first Doctor Strange Teaser.

Not enough to qualify for top 10 but not bad at all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

And it would be even bigger if it wasn't this 

I've seen the trailer at least 10 times so far. None from Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram

Edited by Grebacio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I've seen the trailer at least 10 times so far. None from Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram

Yeah, i watched the 4K version that i downloaded, way better.

I suspect if it wasn't the 4K leaks and the exclusivity for DS2, this trailer would beat Thor easily.

And the best part is the great reception overall, now Disney just needs to keep the interest, i really hope they make another Avatar Day close to release.