Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I still don't get why there isn't a James Cameron name, or IN 3D kind of tagline exists in the teaser. Doesn't feel like a proper teaser to me. 

its either they concluded all the film needs is the first film power. Or that yeah this is just a really early teaser and they didn't do their best work

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I still don't get why there isn't a James Cameron name, or IN 3D kind of tagline exists in the teaser. Doesn't feel like a proper teaser to me. 

More teasers and trailers to come. Rem Cameron and Disney are doing the same formula slow build then hit us with a tourdeforce promos as we get to Nov- dec. Still feeling they may even give us another Avatar free preview day. Time will tell

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

its either they concluded all the film needs is the first film power. Or that yeah this is just a really early teaser and they didn't do their best work

Slow build my brother . The worldwind of promos is coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I didnt notice general is back in the teaser. Wow I can see a crazy interesting story with jake and nefeteri children and their adopted human son. What a dynamic..Also great to see kate Winslet back working with JC iron jimbo, ncsoft, jc scholar, ozy, fancy archer and all our pandorian family.  Incredible exciting times my friends and the new improved technology and look is going to make this the most talked about movie yet again. Be sure to watch will avatar 2 be special on YouTube.  Good stuff🔥🔥💪

" Where ever we go. This family is our fortress!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I didnt notice general is back in the teaser. Wow I can see a crazy interesting story with jake and nefeteri children and their adopted human son. What a dynamic..Also great to see kate Winslet back working with JC iron jimbo, ncsoft, jc scholar, ozy, fancy archer and all our pandorian family.  Incredible exciting times my friends and the new improved technology and look is going to make this the most talked about movie yet again. Be sure to watch will avatar 2 be special on YouTube.  Good stuff🔥🔥💪

" Where ever we go. This family is our fortress!"

WHEVER WE GO....

THIS FAMLEEEEE

IS OUR FORTRESS

it is exciting times, it felt like it would never come. This fandom is going to become insane and we are going to gain many more family.

This site will be like how it was with Star Wars in 2015, but for Avatar. I expect 100s of avatar avatars. I hope we're more respectful to others outside the fandom though! it was tough being an outsider

15 hours ago, JustLurking said:

If people still get shocked at a blockbuster being banned in China it's their own fault honestly. This is a possibility people need to be very aware of.

A lot of people don't get that XI can ban any movie in China with a simple order.

A lot of people here, frankly are pretty nieve when it comes to China.

In the end it's a authoratiaen dictatorship, and authorarian dictatorships suck, and I am tired of Hollywood's pandering to them.

34 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Rewatching the teaser on YouTube, ive gotta say the music they chose is really growing on me. Has such an otherworldly, majestic feeling to it.

And it definitely adds a lot to the feeling, watch it without it and you realize that the music helps create the magic.

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

WHEVER WE GO....

THIS FAMLEEEEE

IS OUR FORTRESS

it is exciting times, it felt like it would never come. This fandom is going to become insane and we are going to gain many more family.

This site will be like how it was with Star Wars in 2015, but for Avatar. I expect 100s of avatar avatars. I hope we're more respectful to others outside the fandom though! it was tough being an outsider

If Avatar becomes the new Star Wars, we better get a holiday special and 50 dozen Lego games. 

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Avatar becomes the new Star Wars, we better get a holiday special and 50 dozen Lego games. 

How can it be the new Star Wars when its already beeing promoted this early as the new Fast & Furious??

Its about FAMILY

• Founder / Operator
3 hours ago, Taruseth said:

And it definitely adds a lot to the feeling, watch it without it and you realize that the music helps create the magic.

This is one aspect I'm very curious to see how Cameron handles. I'm still mourning the untimely passing of James Horner. His work on the first film elevated so many scenes for me.

• Like 4

Simon Franglen was essentially Horner's protege and was already deep in the franchise, I'm sure he'll do fine honoring his legacy.

Tbh I'd be down for something of a Vangelis-esque style shift if the trailer music is anything to go by.

Stumbled upon this interview of a pre-vis artists and animator who worked on avatar 2 and 3. He shares some info on the technology used(timestamped) and add him to the list of people who consider Jim a genius.

• Like 2

I maintain that losing James Horner is a huge loss, it will be felt in the sequels, he is irreplaceable. Some of the stuff he did in movies like Braveheart, Titanic and also Avatar is magic. His music made those films more successful as they would have been otherwise, i'm 100%. I just hope they will use as much of his themes as possible.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3