Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

China just re-released avatar last summer and that has the same environmental message that this one is gonna have and unlike what marvel is dealing with nobody related to avatar has said anything that would piss the ccp off and we saw free guy also get released + jungle cruise/encanto, covid is the issue not it getting banned imo

9 hours ago, DAR said:

I will say it hasn’t been as shown up on cable as much as it might have over the years.

It has been promoted on Disney+ a lot since launch though and has no doubt attracted plenty of viewers through streaming. Given that Disney now fully owns the franchise they will definitely be promoting this throughout the parks come December. 

4 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

The meltdowns here if this movie gets banned in China for some arbitrary bullshit reason will be truly incommensurable.

If people still get shocked at a blockbuster being banned in China it's their own fault honestly. This is a possibility people need to be very aware of.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If people still get shocked at a blockbuster being banned in China it's their own fault honestly. This is a possibility people need to be very aware of.

Wow loved the teaser all. Let it begin!

- this family is a fortress😎🔥🔥

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

It has been promoted on Disney+ a lot since launch though and has no doubt attracted plenty of viewers through streaming. Given that Disney now fully owns the franchise they will definitely be promoting this throughout the parks come December. 

Co owns with Cameron you mean😉

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, i watched the 4K version that i downloaded, way better.

I suspect if it wasn't the 4K leaks and the exclusivity for DS2, this trailer would beat Thor easily.

And the best part is the great reception overall, now Disney just needs to keep the interest, i really hope they make another Avatar Day close to release.

Feel the Same Thomas the wise. Avatar day was beautiful. I knew avatar would destroy everything just from that surround 3d 16 min preview.. There was nothing like it. 😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

We chillin, we talking about what we find interesting. If that happens to be an article from a major news publication in the UK then so be it. Also its not a kids movie are you trying to get under our skin...

I'm not insecure about Avatar at all for the record, it's gonna make an easy 4 billie no matter how many dimissive articles get released.

You know it . wow and it seems one of their kids is different. Loving this concept.

20 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

A car crash for all of those who have looked down their noses at Avatar fans I hope. The meltdowns from the vocal minority online will be glorious. 

The meltdowns will be epic if juggernaut 2022 hits 1bil domestic and 4 billy -5 billion ww in this era +

I feel this may be James Cameron triple world breaker Pandorians. Really hope they do that avatar day.  Can this be the first Cameron film that opens to 250-300mil with legs 5x + multiplier?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I see where this thread is going, and it';s not a good place.

You are saying just like more than 4 billies this thread is also heading towards 4000+

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wormow said:

Stay away! It's already hard enough getting tickets.

I've seen two instant classics at IMAX Melbourne. John Carter and Men in Black International. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Kal why not post on your other account @Kalel009Shel ?  You already had 1848 posts in this thread with it despite being logged out for 5 years.

Dont rem my old password back then.  Been a longtime ago. Ill see if I can get it. Rem a few people tried to pretend they were me as well.  There is only one KAL of bom thob ozy.  Excited that we actually will get the second part after 13 years almost.

10 hours ago, AniNate said:

I do think eventually we need to figure out how to prop up this movie without the persecution complex.

I mean Avatar has been getting dragged on for 10 years straight on the internet, so theres going to be a little transition phase before we lose that no? I find it absolutely bizarre to read the comments in the reddit thread about the 146mil trailer views article. I'm loving it honestly.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

I see where this thread is going, and it';s not a good place.

concern trolling

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

And it's not an impossibility. CHina has been getting a lot of criticism over it's lack of action on envioremental issues, and it might be feeling sensitive about that come movie opening time..........

actually agree with you here

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

VICE posted a negative reaction to the trailer, can we get some methodical effort-posts refuting this heresy please?  I'm on the look out for more blasphemers, vigorously refreshing multiple search engines every couple hours.

Very good post, thank you. You should post this way about other things too it would make this a better site

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean Avatar has been getting dragged on for 10 years straight on the internet, so theres going to be a little transition phase before we lose that no? I find it absolutely bizarre to read the comments in the reddit thread about the 146mil trailer views article. I'm loving it honestly.

concern trolling

actually agree with you here

Very good post, thank you. You should post this way about other things too it would make this a better site

Hey iron jimbo how did you like our first teaser.. 🔥🔥💪

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hey iron jimbo how did you like our first teaser.. 🔥🔥💪

it was amazing, i watched it in 3D imax before dr. stranged (then left of course) and i have never seen anything like it.

the visuals look incredible, pandora looks beautiful and immersive as ever. The new characters look great. I'm really hyped

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:14 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Anyone who thinks Jim doesn't have this planned out meticulously isn't paying attention.

Just glad all the people will forget avatar nonsense is shutdown now. News saying over 150 million views for this trailer despite leaks and nearly 13 years of waiting.

We will show them this is our land still!!

😎🔥

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

it was amazing, i watched it in 3D imax before dr. stranged (then left of course) and i have never seen anything like it.

the visuals look incredible, pandora looks beautiful and immersive as ever. The new characters look great. I'm really hyped

Very nice my brother. Wish i had saw this teaser in the Imax. Still even on my 60 inch I was like a kid pumping excitement with my wife and she's very excited to see the story continue. Also Ioving there seems to be a half alien  or human son element as well in this. Cameron is bringing one Heck of an intriguing story with mindblowing visuals to boot. May Jake and our princess rule the bo for along time to come. 👍