Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, dudalb said:

And rumors are that Warners might be moving SHazam 2, which will remove one of A2's main competitors from the picture.

Really?? That should help the OW. Everyone extra person who see's the movie on opening weekend is another person who will tell all their friends and fam how good it was

where did you hear that?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Really?? That should help the OW. Everyone extra person who see's the movie on opening weekend is another person who will tell all their friends and fam how good it was

where did you hear that?

If it does move, why would that help Avatar’s OW? They don’t release the same day.

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A lot could happen between now and December.

A recession could well hit before that.

It's already here. They just won't say it because the market will panic and stock market will go in free fall mode. 

Very bearish on this movie's prospects. I don't see this movie making more than the Titanic. 

NWH's success isnt world-shaking, a very nearly perfect storm scenario allowed it to roughly equal SM1 tickets which with 20 years of inflation (+covid inflation) and premium formats growth roughly translated to 750-800 million 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:58 AM, Deep Wang said:

Maybe it's just me, but if Avatar became the one exception to Hollywood releases, that would make it even worse imo?  

At that point, everyone should tell them to fuck off.  If you can't have our Minions, you can't have our Na'vi, or something.

Animation get easily released in Mainland. The problem is just coming from Disney. On the other hand, Universal &Warner Bros are excellent in introducing work in Mainland

20220808-182828.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why is Cameron not happy with Disney?

Apparently disney is not as invested in this project and they arent giving him the money to deliver the best he can. Disney feels like he is asking for too much to complete the film and for the third part.

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Apparently disney is not as invested in this project and they arent giving him the money to deliver the best he can. Disney feels like he is asking for too much to complete the film and for the third part.

Not giving him the money? It looks pretty expensive to me. 

It is what I've heard as well that Jim and Disney aren't the best of friends. Disney's marketing so far has been absolutely shit, I think they actually don't want to spend anything on it.

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Sonic 3 coming to destroy Avatar 3 on Dec 20, 2024. Book it. Word on the street is that James Cameron is not happy with Disney and that Avatar 2 isn't all that.

literally opposite of what i've heard, I guess my source is from the other side. Your Disney guy should wake the hell up