Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I think the idea is they’ve pulled the movie for now but will reupload the updated 4K version once that’s released (and act like they’ve added something new in the process). They’ve been updating a couple of movies to 4K recently like Nightmare Before Christmas.

Last time I checked it was in 4k

21 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Last time I checked it was in 4k

There’s currently no 4K version of Avatar. It was in your bog standard 1080p.

4K should drop around Sept/Oct.

Edited by AJG

59 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So only one, right? No Marvel, no Pixar. Still hoping this will get a China release because this will explode there.

minions 2 is getting released there

https://deadline.com/2022/08/minions-the-rise-of-gru-china-release-date-1235087056/

not sure about disney

Edited by IronJimbo

It seems that ILM has come on board to help WETA finish up on the vfx. They did not have avatar on their projects page in June.

Same thing happened back in 2009 with the original avatar.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/ilm-steps-in-to-help-finish-avatar-visual-effects/

I recall some posters having a discussion on whether A3 could be moved up to December 2023. I think it is impossible, WETA needs all the time they can get. 

Edited by tenken
  • Like 9

So two questions:

1. How long will Avatar (re-released first movie) be in theaters?

2. How long are they going to keep it removed from D+?

Me thinks they should probably put it back on D+ with the updated effects and sounds around holiday time before WOW is out.

14 minutes ago, jedijake said:

So two questions:

1. How long will Avatar (re-released first movie) be in theaters?

2. How long are they going to keep it removed from D+?

Me thinks they should probably put it back on D+ with the updated effects and sounds around holiday time before WOW is out.

there are no answers for these currently so we can only speculate.

Titanic 3D re-release was 2 months I guess but that was back in 2012.

I think

1) 2 month

2) I would supsect straight after it was done in cinema

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

there are no answers for these currently so we can only speculate.

Titanic 3D re-release was 2 months I guess but that was back in 2012.

I think

1) 2 month

2) I would supsect straight after it was done in cinema

Doubt it’s anywhere near 2 months, probably more like 1 month. Halloween Ends is down for IMAX on October 14th (likely just the evening and late shows though) and then Black Adam is the week after. Once Avatar loses PLF’s it’ll lose steam quite quickly I’d imagine.

Edited by SnokesLegs

When might the first proper trailer come out? One would think there would be two proper trailers... If last one comes out a month before the movie, then the remaining one should come out at least 3 months before the last one. Which would mean around now. Any day now.

6 minutes ago, eridani said:

When might the first proper trailer come out? One would think there would be two proper trailers... If last one comes out a month before the movie, then the remaining one should come out at least 3 months before the last one. Which would mean around now. Any day now.

my money is on the Disney event D23 in a couple weeks, we'll atleast have 1 new trailer by the end of that weekend.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eridani said:

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

my money is on the Disney event D23 in a couple weeks, we'll atleast have 1 new trailer by the end of that weekend.

• [Sat] 10:00 a.m. – Studio Showcase, Day 2: Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios (Hall D23)

Two hour bloc of programming there, and I'd be shocked if Avatar 2 isn't heavily promoted there.

• Like 2