Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Thanks. I was thinking around $110m adjusted so I wasn’t far off

lost 10% to snowstorm. so adjust up to aprrox $125m. Now factor in Avatar: The Way of Water is a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time. Feeling like my $190m OW into a billie dom is looking alright

Jennifer Lawrence saying she was the first ever female action star with Hunger Games and Twitter justly destroying her by using Cameron's heroines (Aliens, T2) as examples, but Zoe Saladana deserves her due too for her awesome kickass performance in Avatar. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Jennifer Lawrence saying she was the first ever female action star with Hunger Games and Twitter justly destroying her by using Cameron's heroines (Aliens, T2) as examples, but Zoe Saladana deserves her due too for her awesome kickass performance in Avatar. 

In the case of T2, I think a lot of people would argue that Arnie was the true star. At the very least, people associate the film (and the franchise) with him more than Linda Hamilton. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Another example of ridiculous, over the top and nonsensical Hollywood lecturing about their perceived lots in life that people are getting quickly tired of.

Like Zoe Saldana complaining lately about being "stuck" in Marvel and other blockbuster roles. Girl, you signed up for it! Just enjoy your millions and stop whining like your life sucks so much!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

Another example of ridiculous, over the top and nonsensical Hollywood lecturing about their perceived lots in life that people are getting quickly tired of.

Like Zoe Saldana complaining lately about being "stuck" in Marvel and other blockbuster roles. Girl, you signed up for it! Just enjoy your millions and stop whining like your life sucks so much!

I don't really get your point, people are allowed to reflect on their choices with all the good and bad that came with them. From what I remember her interview went sort of like "I thank everyone for all the opportunities yada yada yada but for the past years I've felt artistically stuck in my craft" or something like that.

It's not like she cursed the MCU producers for forcing her to stay or whatever, it was pretty respectful.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Flopped said:

There's been female action stars since the silents, and they did their own stunts on trains and the wings of planes.

34 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Uma Thurman aka Black Mamba also did it better than JLAW a decade earlier, among other examples. 

52 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lost 10% to snowstorm. so adjust up to aprrox $125m. Now factor in Avatar: The Way of Water is a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time. Feeling like my $190m OW into a billie dom is looking alright

I’m more on board with 190m OW than I am $1B DOM.

I’m still unsure as to how this will play out. I’m going min $700 DOM though. 

To be fair to Jen, she'd be the first person to tell you she's a bit dipsy. She's also supposedly one of the nicest and most down to earth actors in Hollywood, so i'm sure there was no malice meant in that tweet.

One thing i loved about Sigourney, and i dont know if it her acting quality, or the way she looked, but no one ever seemed to question her ability in a ation role, way back at a time when barely any women actors did that kind of stuff.

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

To be fair to Jen, she'd be the first person to tell you she's a bit dipsy. She's also supposedly one of the nicest and most down to earth actors in Hollywood, so i'm sure there was no malice meant in that tweet.

One thing i loved about Sigourney, and i dont know if it her acting quality, or the way she looked, but no one ever seemed to question her ability in a ation role, way back at a time when barely any women actors did that kind of stuff.

If you've got 10 minutes (or 45 minutes and you feel like watching the whole thing) - this video perfectly distils why Sigourney/Ripley works so well in Aliens:

https://youtu.be/mEnynKN8bic

(Aliens at around the 9 minute mark)

In short, Ripley is an extraordinary heroine, but also a normal person - and I don't think anyone but Sigourney could have made it work. I mean... There's a reason she's my avatar!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Consider in many place Avatar presale is on par with NWH and we have China’s help,I would say Avatar Ow beating NWH is doable

You mean WW? Because no way does it break Spidey's $ 260M OW record.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"CRITICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAY THE LONG-AWAITED SEQUEL IS A VISUALLY ASTOUNDING TECHNICAL MARVEL (AS EXPECTED), BUT ALSO A COMPLEX, EMOTIONALLY RESONANT STORY WITH BREATHTAKING ACTION."

Hey if we can keep this I'll be cool with that

• Like 1