Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 7/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I daresay A2 may have even contributed to the downfall of several big tentpoles since it changed the mindset of a few people to where they will now only go to the theatres for a spectacle event or a movie with extremely good WOM. How can you justify paying the same amount of money to see The Flash in a PLF format after A2? Crap CGI has existed in the past but it seems it is being punished a lot more in 2023 than it has previously.

In a way it could be a good thing.. Where studios may really not just crank out Formula laced crap with big budget CGI. And really take some time to push the envelope with good filmmaking across the board.  Formulaic films are getting boring.. So Marvel and other Tentpoles hoping your taking Notes with how its done correctly with Avatar and A2 :).. Also loved loved the new Star Treks and Picard Season 3. Well done stories with very good CGI work and plots.. Hope we get more of  the new Star Treks with the same cast all. 

A3 Lets go for 3Billy+ :)

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

In a way it could be a good thing.. Where studios may really not just crank out Formula laced crap with big budget CGI. And really take some time to push the envelope with good filmmaking across the board.  Formulaic films are getting boring.. So Marvel and other Tentpoles hoping your taking Notes with how its done correctly with Avatar and A2 :).. Also loved loved the new Star Treks and Picard Season 3. Well done stories with very good CGI work and plots.. Hope we get more of  the new Star Treks with the same cast all. 

A3 Lets go for 3Billy+ :)

I want a STAR TREK movie. I connect to the universe more than to that of STAR WARS. But it seems Paramount has no plans especially after DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES didn't make money.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I want a STAR TREK movie. I connect to the universe more than to that of STAR WARS. But it seems Paramount has no plans especially after DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES didn't make money.

I hope they realize a good ST film with the cast coming back would do well. Especially if we could have a crazy film with them meeting the STG crew :D Brother Kayom.. What do you think of that concept lol?

23 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Paramount seems content to make money off to the Star Trek programming on their streaming channel; they don't seem anxious to pull the trigger on another movie.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dudalb said:

Paramount seems content to make money off to the Star Trek programming on their streaming channel; they don't seem anxious to pull the trigger on another movie.

Hoping someone comes fwd with such a great concept its worth it to execs to do another dudalb. But you are very correct so far. Theyre are mking money off Shows Like Picard hands over fists without taking a loss. So for now why take the risk I guess. But I think if the write concept and story comes along, Star Trek Films will be back.

21 hours ago, dudalb said:

Picard season 3 was better than all the TNG movies.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Picard season 3 was better than all the TNG movies.

You know Mojoguy.. Thats  a very interesting argument. lol. 

But I did like that clone Picard Film.. But yes indeed Season 3 of Picard is infinitely more satisfying than any TNG movie , but not as good as Star Trek Enterprise 2009 :) and its sequel :)

11 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Nice. 

Btw Avatar 3 will be further delayed to 2026 what with the strikes and all.

I doubt it, photography for this is pretty much complete and it’s in post production already since last year 

Whatever additional shooting it need, can be done quickly and in time with such an advanced production 

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Nice. 

Btw Avatar 3 will be further delayed to 2026 what with the strikes and all.

If it gets delayed again, I don’t see how it could be blamed on the strikes, unless they need to do some massive reshoots. I’m not even sure how that would work at this point, considering how much older the child actors have gotten since they finished principal photography.