Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

@Porthos can I kindly ask for your analysis here? I can't find a reliable source for it and you're probably the most knowledgeable on the forum regarding this matter.

Outside of my wheelhouse, sorry.  @Potiki is probably better regarding something like this.  Obviously good no matter how its sliced, but I would be curious to know how physical sales went for it, since that historically was the money maker before VOD came into the picture.

• Like 1

hope the delay allows them to sneak in a special edition, an imax somewhat close to me opened back in april

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:15 AM, The GOAT said:

any actual source for this?

seems a bit doubtful when it's free on disney+

unless it's somehow counting disney+ subscribtions into its gross count.

4 hours ago, Avatree said:

Wonder if he took the Iger comment about it being on-track to be their biggest electronic home video release ever (which maybe doesn't factor in revenue from physical releases?) and came up with a speculative number for it.

20 hours ago, Avatree said:

I found some discussions on reddit from a year or two ago (4k blu ray subreddit) accusing this guy of basically making up stuff in the past and harassing people for calling him out on it. 

20 hours ago, Avatree said:

it's probably bogus, the part about being on track to be their biggest digital release was said by Iger though so probably true.

6 minutes ago, Giorno said:

Fraction of what physical sales used to be at their peak, deadline projected $350m for a2 lifetime from home video + tv/streaming rights, a1 did over 400m in DVD sales domestically alone

2022 "home entertainment spending" - 36.5M (up from 32M in 2021). However NON-SVOD HE revenue = 6.3M up from 2.8M

2014 - 17.8M in HE spending of which 4M was (non bundled with other services) SVOD

https://www.degonline.org/portfolio_page/deg-year-end-2022-digital-media-entertainment-report/

https://www.degonline.org/portfolio_page/deg-year-end-2014-home-entertainment-report/

12 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Bare minimum, A2 did become biggest Disney's biggest digital release. That is confirmed by Disney itself.

Damn 4B+ and growing from BO and Home Video Alone... What the!!!!. Will Way of the water be the first to hit 1.5-2billy in HV sales. When was it released Borobudur?? 😄. This is crazy!!

But what happens if over 70% that saw Avatar 2 rent or buy it?!!!

What will it make?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update