Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

14 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Yikes so much crying about the WW crown. Lots of tears expected in this thread next month. You'll keep the OS crown and inflation adjusted except that belongs to Gone with the wind anyways. Torches everything.

For someone complaining about people crying I sure see a lot of bellyaching from you in the weekend thread, even calling for threadbans if anyone has the temerity to not root for your precious movie. You even followed me to the Chinese box office thread to call me a troll because I asked a question about EG and exchange rates. Don't worry you'll get your "record", nobody will ever mention Avatar again after Endgame eclipses it by 3 percent ten years later. Avatar 2 marketing will be contractually obligated to say "Endgame is the One True King!" at least 3 times in every trailer and you'll get an extra inch on something that desperately needs it.

• Like 8

Maybe Avatar 2 will. It's an outright failure if it does less than 2.78B based on the views in this thread. Should absolutely kill it in China in 2023 when it comes out 

Dozens of pages of bitching about End Game and little about Avatar 2 other than the 6th delay since 2015. Continue on. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

For someone complaining about people crying I sure see a lot of bellyaching from you in the weekend thread, even calling for threadbans if anyone has the temerity to not root for your precious movie. You even followed me to the Chinese box office thread to call me a troll because I asked a question about EG and exchange rates. Don't worry you'll get your "record", nobody will ever mention Avatar again after Endgame eclipses it by 3 percent ten years later. Avatar 2 marketing will be contractually obligated to say "Endgame is the One True King!" at least 3 times in every trailer and you'll get an extra inch on something that desperately needs it.

:hahaha:Pure you're my hero. 

3 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Absolutely annihilated.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, Deep Wang said:

LMAO, so Cameron is just like the Patriots?

James Camereon is an underdog?????

I have seen some pretty stupid claims by the Cameron fanboys, but that one takes the cake.

I think the term delusional applies.

And I have to laugh at their going to the "adjust for inflation and Avatar will still be #1 Argumrnt"

No, it won's.

Because on the adjusted for inflatioan lists, Avatar is #15 or 16, coming in right behind the 1959 Ben Hur.

It's not even close to being second to GWTW.

I now think some of the more exreme Cameron fanboys as so delusional to to require professional help .

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have seen some pretty stupid claims by the Cameron fanboys, but that one takes the cake.

And I have to laugh at their going to the "adjust for inflation and Avatar will still be #1 Argumrnt"

No, it won's.

Because on the adjusted for inflatioan lists, Avatar is #15 or 16, coming in right behind the 1959 Ben Hur.

I now think some of the more exreme Cameron fanboys as so delusional to to require professional help .

never change dudedab

you know what's delusional?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

never change dudedab

you know what's delusional?

Maybe dudeab should be reminded that Ben hur, gotw, sws anh all have had several to overb10 re-releases..Only sws can be mentioned in the sentence of Titanic and Avatar and 2.of the biggest films of all-time in one run. All written and directed by the unsinkable one.

In terms of a film affecting.the world, culture, technical.marvel, the music and merchandising on a global scale......Titanic reigns supreme!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Thank you! :blush: I'm happy that I'm also getting the "delusional" treatment! I mean, many members of the Jim Gang has been called that by you guys, I don't want to be left out. This is finally happening! Exciting times!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

No, it won's.

Titanic was predicted to outright flop, even after its opening Friday, only when people saw it actually INCREASE on Sunday did some smart people take notice. The advance buzz for Avatar was extremely dubious and the OW weekend was good but the best they were hoping for was to break even so they could make a sequel.

Nobody thought Endgame was going have a hard time at the box office. Nobody. Endgame arrived to cash a check, the only surprising thing was everyone wanted to avoid spoilers no matter what, which is a good time to remind people that Avatar had the confidence to put the entire plot in the trailer, because plotplebs needed to be btfo and go read a book instead.

And nobody was talking about "adjusted for inflation domestic before home video" records, we all agree those days are never coming back. You literally built a strawman and burned it down right in front of us and patted yourself on the back for being such a genius. Weird flex but okay.

You've really outdone yourself. Bravo, dudalb. Without you this thread would be a less interesting place, so please stick around.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Is James Cameron aware his 3D prophecy never happened ?

WOnder if he s out of touch on this subject dear to his mind.

Not really.

It's because the quality of the 3D in other films has been garbage, and the quality of the 3D screens has been worse than that! Cinemas and Studios have failed him however all is not lost.

If people could see what he see's in his editing room and inhouse cinema their minds would be blown.

Avatar 2 has far more 3D cinemas to play with than Avatar did and many more high quality ones (thanks Dolby lasers).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, IronJimbo said:

Imagine being welcomed with opened arms in the Jimgang

We must be strong for brilliance breeds jealousy.

Lol crazy even after 10 yrs and inflation and a juggernaut of theater increases in China and internationally of 200-700% E.g. may still lose to avatar lol.. The Jim gang wields brilliance and a devotion like the movie world has never seen before. Goldenage to little kids ...Pandorians we are one!!😎😎

---I see 👀 you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Titanic was predicted to outright flop, even after its opening Friday, only when people saw it actually INCREASE on Sunday did some smart people take notice. The advance buzz for Avatar was extremely dubious and the OW weekend was good but the best they were hoping for was to break even so they could make a sequel.

Nobody thought Endgame was going have a hard time at the box office. Nobody. Endgame arrived to cash a check, the only surprising thing was everyone wanted to avoid spoilers no matter what, which is a good time to remind people that Avatar had the confidence to put the entire plot in the trailer, because plotplebs needed to be btfo and go read a book instead.

Of course people predicted Titanic to flop!  This was 1997 and the movie cost $200m not to mention there were delays and problems with the shoot.  If someone made a movie in 2019 that wasn't part of an existing franchise, and spent $300m making it, you bet your ass everyone would assume it's going to flop.  You can't just predict a movie to all of a sudden make $600m and $1b overseas back then, hell you can't really do that in 2019 either can you?  Did all of you Cameron Stans forget what your predictions were for Alita?

And nobody thinks that Avatar 2 is going to have a hard time at the box office either, so this whole pity-party for Cameron is beyond ridiculous.  The lowest prediction I've seen is $1.8B, which would make it the 6th highest grossing movie all-time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3