Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Problem is with Infinity War grossing so much is that it was meant to be suprising to haters when Avatar 2 made 3 billies... now they're expecting it

Oh, never underestimate how bad the haters are expecting Avatar 2 to do, they are not expecting 3B, yet. Though they are slowly changing their tones.

Has any of you paid attention to this guy? Over 4M youtube subscribers, and he hates Avatar and Cameron as if they collectively kills his dog and parents or something... He's providing a massive platform for Avatar hate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Oh, never underestimate how bad the haters are expecting Avatar 2 to do, they are not expecting 3B, yet. Though they are slowly changing their tones.

Has any of you paid attention to this guy? Over 4M youtube subscribers, and he hates Avatar and Cameron as if they collectively kills his dog and parents or something... He's providing a massive platform for Avatar hate.

OH MY GOD... PLEASE TELL ME HE'S ACTING A ROLE

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Lmfao at the Jacksfilm video. He's not doing a bit, is he?

18 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Lmfao at the Jacksfilm video. He's not doing a bit, is he?

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

OH MY GOD... PLEASE TELL ME HE'S ACTING A ROLE

Haven't watched much of his videos, I don't think he's doing a bit, I think he genuinely hates Avatar and he has a huge audience that is being influenced, I'm just puzzled at how much he hates it!

There is also this video, where he give Avatar a F, and has a live countdown to when Endgame surpasses Avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBZtgRUvUI

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim Gang diehards (sorry if I missed anyone) - Looks like Avatar is going to keep the worldwide crown and raise the bar in Dec 2021. A small scare but we made it.

I didn't really want to conclusively say this because I feel like whenever I do claim something, I jinx it :ph34r::ph34r:

But with China not giving it an expansion, Domestically trending fairly low, even Charlie (who is always optimistic about Endgame) doesn't think it's a sure thing now. I think we're looking at a 30/70 situation where we have the better odds!

In the endgame international thread, they are now talking about Disney doing a pre-Labour day push with large theater expansion to push it over, but I think for that to happen, Endgame might need to be within 10M distance of Avatar, and that's not even a guarantee. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Haven't watched much of his videos, I don't think he's doing a bit, I think he genuinely hates Avatar and he has a huge audience that is being influenced, I'm just puzzled at how much he hates it!

There is also this video, where he give Avatar a F, and has a timer that countdown when Endgame surpasses Avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBZtgRUvUI

Good god that's some terrible taste.

It's hilarious because those films are all awful bar Titanic and Avatar.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Good god that's some terrible taste.

It's hilarious because those films are all awful bar Titanic and Avatar.

Just look at the posters, we've got 2 iconic and simple posters of immediately recognizable original films that are massive global phenomenons and defined their era. Then we're got 8 indistinguishable Star Wars, Superhero and Fast & Furious posters with lots of stacked "heads", then there's Chris Pratt riding with Dinosaurs.

Where did you get the gif for your Avatar? I might have some use for it if endgame doesn't out-gross Avatar ;);)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I think you've found what Dudalb does for a living.

Avatar Derangement Syndrome is sad.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Jon Landau

Snuck my camera in to our live action cast read through with Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, Brendan Cowell, Jack Champion and James Cameron

At Stone Street Studios.

60825394_613253589158628_718470306892611

60538136_613253575825296_292474223887961

they look pissed lol!!

60587294_613253555825298_422274039005629

Wonderful post this one Duece

• Like 1

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

Kal...1.12b dom, 3.4b OS( Really would love Avatar2 to hit 1bil to 1.3 bil or better from China alone)

4.5b WW

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B dom , 

3.5b OS, 4.6B WW

Keysersoze123

600 Domestic /1.2B OS -C / 700M C - 2.5B WW

Pure spirit

low-end:

550M DOM

$2B OS - China

$600M China

$3.15B total, assuming significant drop off from the first after accounting for inflation plus foreign market growth

(Nice one Pure Spirit I hope

we reach your highend predict or far more fellow Pandorian)

Pure Spirits High-end :

$1B DOM

$3B OS - China

$1.1B China

$5.1B total

Charlie Jatender

Dom: 475+ (45mn admits against 75mn of Avatar 1 but due to lower 3D contribution ATP just 10% higher than normal as compared to 33% in 2009)

Overseas: 1200 (same reason in Europe as in Dom but Asia will rise)

China: 700 

WW: 2375

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Just look at the posters, we've got 2 iconic and simple posters of immediately recognizable original films that are massive global phenomenons and defined their era. Then we're got 8 indistinguishable Star Wars, Superhero and Fast & Furious posters with lots of stacked "heads", then there's Chris Pratt riding with Dinosaurs.

Where did you get the gif for your Avatar? I might have some use for it if endgame doesn't out-gross Avatar ;);)

pv5PwZE.gif

google images, can't remember what I searched but I have it on my pc so here's a reupload

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Avatar 2 will make somewhere between $1 billion and $7 billion when it's released in (insert possible date).

Surely before 2025. He's getting up there in age if he wants to actually make several like he talked about he needs to get a move on.

13 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Sorry can't join your celebrations. We are not out of the woods yet. Who knows what Disney is willing to do if / when it gets close...

I feel you, I'm trying to not make conclusive statements to not Jinx it, we just have to be patient for another few weeks, I think trend will be fairly obvious then!

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3