CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

7 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Great read, sounds really promising for the quality of the film. Seems like they're taking the caliber and prestige of the franchise very seriously and not rushing to meet any deadline. 

• Like 1

Anyone have any updates on this film? Since the scrapping of the script and the change of leadership, there's been nothing. There's no way they can get this film out by 2019 if production hasn't started. And June 2020 is 100% clear now that Indy 5 has been delayed.

20 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Anyone have any updates on this film? Since the scrapping of the script and the change of leadership, there's been nothing. There's no way they can get this film out by 2019 if production hasn't started. And June 2020 is 100% clear now that Indy 5 has been delayed.

I think the script change is why it was moved from 2018 to 2019 so that won’t have a effect I think 

37 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Fingers crossed that's what happens here. Something's gotta give with next summer's family blockbuster schedule, and I'd love to see this just completely get out of that mess rather than run risk of being cannibalized. 

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Fingers crossed that's what happens here. Something's gotta give with next summer's family blockbuster schedule, and I'd love to see this just completely get out of that mess rather than run risk of being cannibalized. 

I can't see Disney not sticking a Pixar movie in that mid June slot though. It's been a staple for them for awhile now.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I can't see Disney not sticking a Pixar movie in that mid June slot though. It's been a staple for them for awhile now.

They can still stick it there. Just in 2020. They skipped June 2014, so it's not like skipping a June would be unprecedented for them. 

Edited by MovieMan89

I understand that script changes moved it from 2018 to 2019 but that was back in 2016. The script was AGAIN scrapped in late 2017/early 2018 from what I read and that's when new writers and directors were brought in. So the move from '18 to '19 happened when the writers and Lasseter were still involved and then they all left and I don't know if they have resumed work. Things don't look good for this film.

10 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

This film shouldn't be happening anyways. The third film was the perfect ending.

I agree, but when a film makes as much money as Toy Story 3 did, a follow up is sort of inevitable.

A film studio is not a patron of the arts, but a business;it exists to  make money. That is the first thing to get if you want to understand how the film industry works.

4 hours ago, jedijake said:

I understand that script changes moved it from 2018 to 2019 but that was back in 2016. The script was AGAIN scrapped in late 2017/early 2018 from what I read and that's when new writers and directors were brought in. So the move from '18 to '19 happened when the writers and Lasseter were still involved and then they all left and I don't know if they have resumed work. Things don't look good for this film.

from what I read Annie Potts comments about the script being  trashed simply has to do with the delay from 2018 to 2019

I believe they have screened footage from the movie and the actors have recorded their dialogue so it is definitely being made

I just came back from watching Incredibles 2. The animation was just on a whole other level compared to the first one and I‘m wondering if we can expect such a huge step again for Toy Story 4. I mean TS3 already looked really really good and I think we reached a point where the technological advances won‘t be  as prominent as before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I just came back from watching Incredibles 2. The animation was just on a whole other level compared to the first one and I‘m wondering if we can expect such a huge step again for Toy Story 4. I mean TS3 already looked really really good and I think we reached a point where the technological advances won‘t be  as prominent as before.

Comparing Toy Story 3 to Coco (obviously not the same movie, but both have photo realistic human characters), there really wasn't that much of a glow-up, and they were seven years apart. I don't really think two years from now will see that much of an advancement, outside of maybe better-looking fabric or whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Comparing Toy Story 3 to Coco (obviously not the same movie, but both have photo realistic human characters), there really wasn't that much of a glow-up, and they were seven years apart. I don't really think two years from now will see that much of an advancement, outside of maybe better-looking fabric or whatever.

I think we reached the period where the Pixar movies looked great more or less forever at about Ratatouille. Any entries before that now look rather dated, but the ones since still look great even if the tech continued getting better.

TS4 will undoubtedly look better than 3, it's been ten years, but you probably won't sense the jump from 2 to 3 again.

• Like 1