CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I wasn't super into the teaser either, but I think y'all are overreacting. It's just a 90-second teaser. Not like the other initial Toy Story teasers were anything amazing either. The second the full trailer drops, most of you are gonna be all "ZOMG THIS IS AMAZING MY CHILDHOOD"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I wasn't super into the teaser either, but I think y'all are overreacting. It's just a 90-second teaser. Not like the other initial Toy Story teasers were anything amazing either. The second the full trailer drops, most of you are gonna be all "ZOMG THIS IS AMAZING MY CHILDHOOD"

It's just a completely odd teaser that doesn't connect and I have no clue what the intended purpose of is supposed to be. This was a good teaser:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the implication that my cutlery is sentient disturbs me more than anything in sausage party. i don't want to put... forky... in my mouth.

Watch Forky be a metaphor for child abuse or something since he's constantly being abused by being stabbed into food and chomped on by teeth.

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes, revolving around a talking fork route was only like 5th on my top 10 likeliest routes for TS4, yet here we are.

I mean that the whole "Woody looks for Bo Peep" plot always seemed odd to me. In a franchise that has already been fine with doing specials and shorts to explore ideas, that screamed TV special to me. This? The idea of how the Toy Story universe works with toys that aren't really toys? That's a remarkably fresh idea that I would've never thought of. 

Like when I was a little kid, my favorite "toy" was a blanket I had since I was a baby. How does that work in the Toy Story universe? I don't know, but it looks like this film is tackling that idea finally. Plus Forky is probably gonna die and it's gonna be emotional. This is honestly probably the best route they could go with a TS4 (which is still a very iffy proposition in general) and I'm definitely intrigued

• Like 3