CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Are all the toys gonna die or something lmao

Funny how back when this was first announced they said this wasn't going to be an exact continuation of the trilogy and now they're going all in on this being the real final chapter.

• Like 1

Was thinking about emotional endings and how they could go. Came up with a few thoughts. Here's what I came up with. An aging Andy is reunited with his old toy buddies when a middle aged Bonnie, finding out that Andy is not doing well, locates them all and brings them to Andy. The movie centers around the toys, led by Buzz and Woody who have since been separated, going on a journey to be reunited. At the end, the toys are given to Andy's grandchildren.

Geesh-almost teared up typing that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Was thinking about emotional endings and how they could go. Came up with a few thoughts. Here's what I came up with. An aging Andy is reunited with his old toy buddies when a middle aged Bonnie, finding out that Andy is not doing well, locates them all and brings them to Andy. The movie centers around the toys, led by Buzz and Woody who have since been separated, going on a journey to be reunited. At the end, the toys are given to Andy's grandchildren.

That would be better for a Toy Story 6

I feel like this film will be about searching for Bo Peep like some of the early rumors were, and maybe Bonnie being in high school 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

Legit I would be an emotional wreck. A true passing of the torch, damn maybe that's an unpopular opinion but I would be so down for an aging, sick Andy bringing together the toys which had been since separated... damn

YT Link:

Dang, there actually was a crazy animation glow-up from 2010 to 2019.

Also, this is the new plot synopsis on the YT Description

Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.

:kitschjob:

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

I’m seriously shocked this is still getting released next summer along with lion king and Aladdin. Seems like too much and canabilization is inevitable. 

Disney messes up there. One of the Renaissance remakes should’ve been slated for summer 2020. 

Onto this film...apparently it’s going to be very emotional. Let’s see about that :(

• Like 1

So they changed the entire plot from what we've been hearing for like the past 2 years with the Bo Peep/Woody love story? Is she even gonna be in it now? Tbh, that plot synopsis sounds awful. The whole "forky" character seems completely random and like fan fiction or something. The trailer felt like a fanmade one with a high enough budget to emulate Pixar animation. Just went from being one of the few who has always remained optimistic about this to a huge wtf are they doing here?

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

I really want this to be good but can’t help but feel cynical about this being a cash grab, especially after the new summary. 

Again, between this and Pets 2, I wouldn’t be surprised if both did the same box office wise. Ie, under $300M DOM.

• Like 1