CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Never wanted them to make this. Still don't want them to make this. It's not too late to not release this. Please don't release this.

Since they will, oh boi will I be hard on it if it it any way harms the beautiful ending of Toy Story 3.

Weren't Pixar DEAD, like, a long time ago??

Apart from Brave (a Celtic movie) and Coco (a Mexican movie) they haven't had a good movie in a DECADE!! Just the same old dumb US-centric shit...

And making a FOURTH movie out of their dumbest title?? This is getting more absurd than Fast & Furious!

PS: This teaser is absolutely horrible, as expected - but not nearly as much as the actual movie it proclaims, which hopefully will never see the light of day.

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Finally got around to watching the teaser. As someone who is really excited for this movie, I have no idea what to think. 

There was like nothing to it. 

Pretty much. For me that teaser was just silly. It doesn't give much just as most teasers don't. What concerns me is the published plot that actually includes the bit about "forky". I really think that was meant as a head-scatch inducing joke.

More about "forky":

And so, audiences will follow Forky's journey when Toy Story 4, produced by Mark Nielsen and Jonas Rivera, hits theaters on June 21, 2019. Brought to life as a craft-project using googly eyes and pipe cleaner, Forky feels out of place in Bonnie's room with the manufactured toys. "The world of Toy Story is built upon the idea that everything in the world has a purpose. A toy's purpose is to be there for its child. But what about toys that are made out of other objects? Forky is a toy that Bonnie made out of a disposable spork, so he's facing a crisis," Cooley says. "He wants to fulfill his purpose as a spork, but now has a new toy purpose thrust upon him."

Emmy Award winner Tony Hale was cast to provide the voice of Forky. "It's a huge thrill to be part of the Toy Story family," he confessed. "But it's going to take a while for it to really sink in."

It was easy to get Hale on board. "A utensil's existential crisis?" he asked. "I'm in!"

Hale was the director's first and only choice to play the part. "Tony's performance as Forky is a comedy salad of confidence, confusion, and empathy...served by hilarious spork," Cooley joked.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jedijake said:

Pretty much. For me that teaser was just silly. It doesn't give much just as most teasers don't. What concerns me is the published plot that actually includes the bit about "forky". I really think that was meant as a head-scatch inducing joke.

Yup. I feel like they shouldn’t have even released this “teaser.” That Woody poster was great and was imo more effective in marketing this film than the teaser. 

With everything that happened yesterday in the news, this teaser became an afterthought most likely due to its lack of effectiveness. Oh well. I’m sure the actual trailer will be great. 

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The Key and Peele teaser was good unlike the previous one, but I somewhat felt it was a response to Pikachu.

It seemed more to me like 

“Hey guys, you know Toy Story 4 is coming out right?  Right??  Remember how funny toy story is, come see toy story 4?  Please?”

• Like 1