Films

A Monster Calls | Limited Release: December 23; Wide Release: January 16 (1,500 theaters) | Based on the Book

20 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

https://youtu.be/gXRrcXHD3UQ

New trailer. This looks visually stunning and frankly way better than the garbage bfg. If it wasn't for Spielberg directing no one would have given shit. 

A Monster Calls deserves more hype and buzz for looking million times more interesting than that nonsense. 

I completely agree. I think this looks like it could be one of my favorites of the year. The last BFG trailer looked bad to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stripe said:

This will be one of Autumn's biggest surprises

30M OW

110M DOM

Competition will be strong, though. Underworld, Kevin Hart movie, The Accountant, and second weekend of Girl on the train.

Plus we potentially have Story of Your Life. Goosebumps might be a good comparison as well.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:
A Monster Calls
Fantasy Drama
Focus 10/14/16 PG-13 thematic content and some scary images

Are they going to market this to kids?

This seems like it doesn't have a demo. Too kid-friendly to draw in a lot of teens/adults, but too scary to draw in a lot of kids.

Kids will have Storks, Miss Peregine and somewhat Middle School.

Teens have Ouija 2 specifically for them and they cross over with a couple other films this fall. 

Adults will have Magnificent Seven, Deepwater Horizon, Girl on the Train, Birth of a Nation, Underworld 5, Jack Reacher 2 and Inferno (plus Sully and some more September entries). 

Hope this can find an audience.

• Like 1

Just now, mahnamahna said:

This seems like it doesn't have a demo. Too kid-friendly to draw in a lot of teens/adults, but too scary to draw in a lot of kids.

Kids will have Storks, Miss Peregine and somewhat Middle School.

Teens have Ouija 2 specifically for them and they cross over with a couple other films this fall. 

Adults will have Magnificent Seven, Deepwater Horizon, Girl on the Train, Birth of a Nation, Underworld 5, Jack Reacher 2 and Inferno (plus Sully and some more September entries). 

Hope this can find an audience.

Don't forget that this releases the same day as The Accountant

• Like 2