Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

Funny, the second review is also positive and a 7/10: Overall a good, well-rounded (yes, that's what's written there ;)) film which clearly carries the thumbprint of Guy Ritchie. Charismatic actors (especially mentioned Charlie Hunnam and again Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey), a very good score and mix of sound and vision. Also more dialogues and less pure spectacle than you would expect.
Negative: Would have needed a little bit more background story and screentime (for Merlin e.g.) and also more blood.

I don't know if I will see it in theaters this weekend but for sure in the next weeks. I'm really curious now. WOM from previews is also not bad here, mostly between 5.5 and 8/10.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Reviews getting better and better!! :)

We all know that for a movie like this such reviews practically equal Certified Fresh!

You are right, RT has gone from 23% to 25% and Metacritic jumped from 44 to 45. Magical!

King-Arthur-Legend-of-the-Sword.jpg

13 hours ago, JB33 said:

The problem is a guy like Guy Ritchie is going to go and stylize this movie when it would be so much better as a simple, no frills King Arthur tale. That's what people want. Some directors don't get that less is more.

Peolle cant win. First they want something different and when warner take a risk and try doing something different moaners like yourself complain its too different. If this was just a standard kind arthur remake i wouldnt have any interest. The fact it looks so absurd has actually made me want to check it out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Peolle cant win. First they want something different and when warner take a risk and try doing something different moaners like yourself complain its too different. If this was just a standard kind arthur remake i wouldnt have any interest. The fact it looks so absurd has actually made me want to check it out.

I hate when people say they want something different because it's always for the sake of being different, even though different can mean worse.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I hate when people say they want something different because it's always for the sake of being different, even though different can mean worse.

Well you havent seen the film yet so how do you know its worse?. Im not going to rule it out becasue of its RT score when according to RT his previous movies like snatch and lock stock are considered worse than the likes of prometheus. With that bullshit in mind i think ill try it out for myself without being so critical. It looks entertaining and funny enough for me

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Well you havent seen the film yet so how do you know its worse?. Im not going to rule it out becasue of its RT score when according to RT his previous movies like snatch and lock stock are considered worse than the likes of prometheus. With that bullshit in mind i think ill try it out for myself without being so critical. It looks entertaining and funny enough for me

I haven't seen this movie. I'm just talking about in a general sense of people wanting something different for the sake of wanting something different. Because something different can go either way.

• Like 1