grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

What age-rating will this have?

really hope it sticks to a little-woman-like pg

Honestly based on all the set photos so far (a strong sense the story is in the Elf/Enchanted/Lego Movie mold) I would be surprised if this isn't PG. Mattel is no doubt playing a large role behind the scenes (given that some of Robbie's costumes so far appear to be recreations of classic Barbie dolls) as well and they won't cut out the primary audience that will drive sales the most for the inevitable merchandising tie-ins for the movie upon release.

• Like 1

well, my teen sisters and their friends are already planning to go as Barbies for Halloween so that's that. It crossed into mainstream. It's gonna be huge. The Marvels should move, Barbie should stay, I mean will slay. :Venom:

According to tabloids from months ago, which official sysnopsis kinda corroborates, Barbieworld is full of uncredited celebrities cameos as Kens and Barbies so this is going to deliver what Multiverse of Madness only promised. :ohmygod:

18 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Can't believe this comes out in over a year. WB will be very happy with the early hype but that's a helluva long time to sustain meme marketing.

It's mostly because they're doing on location shooting out in public and so there's no way they can stop the paps from taking pics lol. They're well into filming now (which began in March) so our first glimpse of Barbieworld won't arrive until marketing starts since those scenes were shot on a set. The Bradley Cooper Leonard Bernstein biopic now filming has also been actively "spoiled" (lol spoilers for a biopic) on social media due to on location shooting too.

Is there some petition where i can donate to make this movie R-Rated?

Spoiler

Ofc in order to get some profanity in it.

Spoiler

It would defintely be for the profanity and profanity only.

I guess it's early to make a club but screencap this: Barbie's gonna be to Marvels what TGM is to DS2. Surprise OW, surprise legs. No one though TGM would do it til glowing reactions and reviews started to pop, this will go the same way. Signs are everywhere. It won't be just the internet thing.