grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

27 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Not so sure about that. Letterboxd users and people who are all over Barbie/Greta/the cast on twitter have a pretty big overlap. Not the same pull as Marvel bult-in audience, but a lot of them might be shitting their pants just because they 're watching it 2 months early. 

I guess we can be more sure that it isn't a disaster or just a toy commercial, but I think we already knew that based on the cast and crew.

Ah OK. Didn't know about the overlap so that's a good point. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joel M said:

Not so sure about that. Letterboxd users and people who are all over Barbie/Greta/the cast on twitter have a pretty big overlap. Not the same pull as Marvel bult-in audience, but a lot of them might be shitting their pants just because they 're watching it 2 months early. 

I guess we can be more sure that it isn't a disaster or just a toy commercial, but I think we already knew that based on the cast and crew.

Problem is nerds have a hard time getting that a non nerd aimed film can be a big hit.

I am hoping it's good because Of the Gerwig factor. She put Sacramento on the map. Have to root for the home town girl.

Artists for songs in this movie according to Rolling Stone:

• Ava Max
• Charli XCX
• Dominic Fike
• Dua Lipa
• FIFTY FIFTY
• HAIM
• Ice Spice
• Kali
• Karol G
• Khalid
• Lizzo
• Nicki Minaj
• PinkPantheress
• Ryan Gosling
• Tame Impala
• The Kid LAROI

New trailer coming in two hours later.

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Artists for songs in this movie according to Rolling Stone:

• Ava Max
• Charli XCX
• Dominic Fike
• Dua Lipa
• FIFTY FIFTY
• HAIM
• Ice Spice
• Kali
• Karol G
• Khalid
• Lizzo
• Nicki Minaj
• PinkPantheress
• Ryan Gosling
• Tame Impala
• The Kid LAROI

New trailer coming in two hours later.

Fingers crossed Gosling is singing an original song that way we can have a Gosling vs. Jack Black showdown at the Oscars.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is there any reason Ice Spice is on this soundtrack other than that she's big on tiktok? 

It's the same reason Netflix promotes Wednesday with the Lady Gaga song instead of the actual The Cramps song from the show.

24 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is there any reason Ice Spice is on this soundtrack other than that she's big on tiktok? 

She is the biggest new rapper at the moment and the girls really like her.

Almost everything is about social media reach nowadays, and by the looks of it, this movie's target is that demographic. The question is: will this be enough for it to be a hit?

Anyways, I wonder if today's trailer will give us more about the movie's plot or will it be more random scenes to become more memes.