Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Crazy money but he's worth every penny and then some to Marvel and they got him on the cheap for Iron Man 1 for $300,000.  (He made more doing Ally McBeal for a month)  I think that % deal came when they renegotiated after Iron Man 1 and even then didn't think his money would get that big. Most if not all the other leads were also paid on the low end for the first films. none of the others get a % and none of them including RDJ get anything from merchandise - even the stuff with their face on it.  Disney and Marvel make out like bandits.

TDW's profit is some 200M+ according to some sources. CA2 has a lower budget, higher grosses so the profit must be real nice. And I can't even imagine how much profit they garner from Frozen.Disney is swimming in money just 5 months into 2014 with just 2 major movies.
  • Like 1

I don't know. How many went Friday and Saturday?

Well, I'm just assuming that this is aimed more than the 18-25 crowd.

Greg Kinnear for Kraven the Hunter role in TASM3

Greg Kinnear, Paul Giamatti, Sam Rockwell, Thomas Haden Church, Willem Dafoe, and Nic Cage as the Sinister Six.

• Like 7

It's not weird at all given Marvel's well known reputation for being tightfisted with their wallets.   Here's a great story on how RDJ forced Marvel to pay the other guys before he re-signed.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

I'm talking about Sony not giving Garfield a raise. Evans/Hemsworth got ~400K each for their first movie and ~2M each for Avengers, plus apparently another raise for the solo sequels.

My showing last night were plenty of what it appeared to be moms, some even brought their kids.

Kids were at the Neighbors screening?   :o   Loss of innocence right there.

I saw a little girl with her dad at a Wolf of Wall Street showing.  Needless to say they walked out in the middle of the movie.

Edited by lilmac

when that dude got killed in their first fight after bigging himself up so much jon snow and all the other guys MUST have been thinking "what an asshole..."

Hodor

• Like 2

Greg Kinnear, Paul Giamatti, Sam Rockwell, Thomas Haden Church, Willem Dafoe, and Nic Cage as the Sinister Six.

There's gotta be room for Franco in there. Make it a Sinister Seven if they have to

• Like 1

Wow is that all?

Yes. RDJ got the same for IM1. So did the likes of Shia in TF1, JLaw in THG1, etc. It's pretty standard practice for a franchise startup.

There's gotta be room for Franco in there. Make it a Sinister Seven if they have to

They should just have three Green Goblins. Dafoe, Dehaan, and Franco.

I'd be cool with every one of them.

I remember marvel were gonna pay mickey rourke 250k for iron man 2 and he was all in the press talking about how marvel didn't think he was worth nothing so they ended up giving him more, i think.

It's totally the performance of a guy who didn't think he was getting what he was worth anyway.

i don't think they can get nic cage. he is pretty busy with Avatar 2 

Posted Image

• Like 3