Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Old folks love being old. They can pretty much say whatever they want without repercussions

Walk outside naked

steal a TV

No going charge an 80+ with a crime.

"What I am not wearing clothes? I thought I put clothes on?"

" I am sorry I could have sworn I paid for this TV? I am sorry I go and pay for it right now"

As frustrating as my adult life has been, I infinitely prefer it to my childhood. I know I would sorely miss the freedom, knowledge and wisdom I take for granted now.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

Walk outside naked

steal a TV

No going charge an 80+ with a crime.

"What I am not wearing clothes? I thought I put clothes on?"

" I am sorry I could have sworn I paid for this TV? I am sorry I go and pay for it right now"

That reminds me of this news I heard on the radio yesterday: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/28/man-with-alzheimers-buys-wife-flowers_n_5398917.html

Man With Alzheimer's Proves That Even If The Mind Forgets, 'The Heart Remembers'

Melvyn Amrine, of Little Rock, Ark., may not remember the details of his life since his Alzheimer's diagnosis, but he recently proved that his love for his wife transcends memory.

Melvyn was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease three years ago and since then it hasn't been easy for his wife, Doris, CBS News reported. Melvyn at times doesn't remember details like whether he proposed to his wife, or vice versa. However a recent holiday prompted Melvyn to remember the most important thing.

On the day before Mother's Day, Melvyn went missing. Considering he normally requires assistance to do any walking, his family was alarmed and notified the police.

When police found Melvyn, he was 2 miles from his house and he was resolute in his goal, according to Fox 16. He was going to the store to buy flowers for his wife for Mother's Day, just like he had done every year since they had their first child.

Sgt. Brian Grigsby and Officer Troy Dillard were touched by Melvyn's determination, and decided to help the elderly man complete his mission by taking him to a store and even paying for the flowers.

"We had to get those flowers," Grigsby told CBS News. "We had to get them. I didn't have a choice."

Melvyn's flowers made a very sweet surprise for his wife of 60 years, Doris, as well as a reminder to the rest of us that love knows no obstacles.

"When I saw him waking up with those flowers in hand, it just about broke my heart because I thought 'Oh he went there to get me flowers because he loves me,'" Doris told Fox 16.

She added to CBS News: "It's special, because even though the mind doesn't remember everything, the heart remembers."

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5

My grandma since her surgery has been staying with my parents. They said they've never watched so much Matlock and Perry Mason in their lives

Edited by DAR
  • Like 5

This hit me a couple of weeks ago when I met my cousin who is younger than me. He doesn't remember anything about my grandmother (who remains my favorite grandparent) because he was way too young when she passed away. That was when I realized that she has been dead longer than she was alive from my life's perspective. Kind of felt really weird thinking about it, I remember her passing like it was yesterday - it was a long battle with cancer.

My grandpa died the same day his daughter (my aunt) gave birth to my cousin. My grandpa also died of cancer, but I didn't realize just how sick he was. He always put on a happy face for us no matter how much he was struggling. I remember my mom came to get me from school and I asked if the baby was born. She said, "Yes, he was born but that's not why we came to get you."

I was devastated. My dad kept apologizing to me for it. I remember being a little jerk about it. "Why are you apologizing to me? He was your dad!" Regret that for sure.

I feel bad for my aunt especially. We went to the hospital to see her and the baby. As soon as we walked in, she broke down. Every year, her son's birthday is a reminder of her dad dying. Just terrible. The only good thing about it is he held on long enough to know about the baby being born.

• Like 6

What gets me about

That's called work.

And unfortunately the Spend Money takes care of most of the 'Make Money'

What I need is to be a kid again with all the experience and knowledge I have now... 

Oh what I wouldn't give to climb into a time machine and tell my younger self to not do some of the stupid things I have done or to take another different path...

Not to complain as I have a good life but could have been so much better/different...I guess that's life though...filled with regrets...

Edited by AC Slater

Donald sterling begs to differ.  ;)

Hey if giving me $2B is the worst they can do, I say bring it on

Edited by Chewy Tatumwolf

What gets me about

Oh what I wouldn't give to climb into a time machine and tell my younger self to not do some of the stupid things I have done or to take another different path...

Not to complain as I have a good life but could have been so much better/different...I guess that's life though...filled with regrets...

Posted Image

:WHATanabe:

I did like Her. Didn't quite love it thoughNow watching Django Unchained which I think is the best movie of the last two years

Her is the one film every person should love. So fuck you.
  • Like 2