Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I'd say Dragon should be less front loaded than MU because of a lack of Pixar fanbase. Also, MU skews alot older on OW because the original is super popular among my generation, who sees midnight movies. Overall, strong start. Should do 70+

• Like 5

TheWrap said early on it was tracking to do ~$60M. Idk where people go those outsized expectations from. 

From the fact that it's the only major animated flick this summer. I can understand this argument, but I always though it would not translate to 100m+ OW many people were already expecting because families simply do not know it's the "only one" in general. It may very well translate to amazing legs and 300m+ total thx to no competition but gigantic OW was unrealistic from the start for me

• Like 2

If HTTYD 2 opens to $70M+, it would do $330M, if it followed Inception's legs which it could easily do it because there's very little family competition. And it could do a Frozen-like run in the 4th of July weekend. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Like 1

Good start for both.  Dragon did the expected numbers and 22JS did a little more than expected.  I expect at least 60 from 22JS and at least 70 for Dragon for their respective OWs

• Like 2

TheWrap said early on it was tracking to do ~$60M. Idk where people go those outsized expectations from.

Maybe its because tracking is more wrong than right.