Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Actually, I'm gonna apologize for that rant being directed at you. It's something I needed to vent about, and I honestly have no idea why I blew up at you. I'm legitimately sorry (even though the rant stands :P)

It's ok. Let's get back to praising Dame Angelina :whip:

• Like 2

22 Jump Street

Weekend Multipliers

The LEGO Movie: 100.985M

Identity Thief: 77.904M

We're the Millers: 77.560M

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: 75.059M

This is the End: 74.559M

The Hangover Part II: 71.664M

The Heat: 71.282M

21 Jump Street: 68.549M

American Pie 2: 68.448M

Ted: 66.090M

DOM Multipliers

We're the Millers: 441.514M

The LEGO Movie: 374.548M

This is the End: 365.148M

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: 364.393M

Identity Thief: 303.278M

The Heat: 290.817M

Ted: 265.761M

21 Jump Street: 261.429M

American Pie 2: 220.135M

The Hangover Part II: 212.180M

• Like 1

Real happy for EoT and X-Men, those are some good holds from last Friday.

Going to see Million Dollar Arm today, hopefully no one's in the theater in case Jon Hamm's sexiness proves to be too overwhelming.

• Like 1

Overall a disappointing weekend considering the insane expectations around here. Both are having big jumps from the predecessors, but somehow both will go down as disappointments. 

Great start for 22 Jump Street. I know that the first one was very well-liked and all, but it's astounding to see the sequel jump to a $25 million opening day after the first one "only" made $13.2 million. On balance, I think it's an even more impressive sequel jump than the one that The Hangover: Part II pulled off three years ago.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 is a touch disappointing, but far from a disaster. A $55 million weekend is doable, and with summer weekdays factored in, reaching the first film's total can definitely still be in play. 

I'm bummed but not surprised that Edge of Tomorrow saw a rough Friday-to-Friday drop. It's such a damn fun movie, and it definitely lends itself to being seen on the biggest screen available.

I don't see why people are so disappointed with that HTTYD2 number. Considering the world cup is going on right now, it kind of makes sense. Also, marketing for this was awful. I'm sure it's going to have great legs as it seems to be the only family movie this summer. It's not the end of the world guys.

As for 22 Jump Street, I don't see more than a -15% decrease today. I don't think this is a rush to see it on opening day kind of movie. In fact, I'm gonna watch it with my buds between World Cup games. Regardless, I'm extremely happy this made 25M yesterday. Really excited to see it! 

• Like 1

I don't see why people are so disappointed with that HTTYD2 number. Considering the world cup is going on right now, it kind of makes sense. Also, marketing for this was awful. I'm sure it's going to have great legs as it seems to be the only family movie this summer. It's not the end of the world guys.As for 22 Jump Street, I don't see more than a -15% decrease today. I don't think this is a rush to see it on opening day kind of movie. In fact, I'm gonna watch it with my buds between World Cup games. Regardless, I'm extremely happy this made 25M yesterday. Really excited to see it!

It's a weak opening for Dragon. It will make no more than 220m now. It's a decent number but it will be way below the 270m+ numbers predicted by the majority of people here