153 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A+

Marvel Studios has never put together a total package movie like this before.  They've come close in other films, but this just had everything I look for in a good time.  The action, the comedy, the heart, the music soundtrack, so much win.

I was waiting for Thanos ... and when he showed up, I was giddy.  He had the whole Emperor in Return of the Jedi vibe sitting in his chair. 

Ronan the Accuser was fine, but like most Marvel villains, he's just there to be mowed over in the end ... but I enjoyed him anyway.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 7

I just got back. Unfreaking believable another home run by Marvel. Visually one of the best movies I've ever seen and overall, on par with TA. One of the funniest movies of the year and team chemistry was on par maybe even better than TA. Every single character had their moments but Groot takes the fucking cake. He was awesome as was RR. Job well done, James Gunn. WOM is going through the roof, we had an applause at the and of the movie. :wub::)

Early grade 9.5/10.

• Like 9

Just watched it, had a great time.All of my friends who had no idea who these characters were came out liking it and enthusiastically asked me questions about the characters and the plot. :)Definitely among Marvel's better offerings.A-

• Like 2

For me its

GOTG

Iron Man

Cap 2

Avengers

Cap 1/IM3

Thor

IM2

TIH

Thor 2

5/5 - Any film that gets this rating is one that gets me in some core, emotional way.

Thor

4/5 - I like these films a lot. They may have flaws, but the enjoyment I have overcomes that. Specific Order may change, depending on how I'm feeling at the time, so just assume these are all around the same level. It's pretty impressive that the majority of Marvel's films can get to this level. They do make things fun.

IM1

IM3

Thor 2

GotG

CA

3/5 - These are fine films to watch, but there's little about them that really screams memorable. I may rewatch them, but I won't go out of my way. This order is pretty static, though. Granted, it's been ages since I saw Hulk or IM2.

The Avengers

CA2

Incredible Hulk

IM2

And that's it. Marvel has yet to drop a 2/5.

I absolutely adored this film. Everything about it just clicked with me. So much humour,action,visuals, great characters and perfect music. Chris Pratt was exceptional and immensely likeable and Rocket Raccoon and Groot steal nearly every scene they are in. First ten minutes are almost as affecting as Up and everything pays off handsomely in the wonderful climax. Really felt like this movie deserves to be held in same regard as films like Back To The Future,Raiders Of The Lost Ark,Jaws and Jurassic Park  as far as pure unadulterated classic blockbusters go that people can watch again and again. I even believe it might be comparable to Star Wars for a lot of young people. First film in a while that I actually want to go and see again and again.

• Like 1

I absolutely adored this film. Everything about it just clicked with me. So much humour,action,visuals, great characters and perfect music. Chris Pratt was exceptional and immensely likeable and Rocket Raccoon and Groot steal nearly every scene they are in. First ten minutes are almost as affecting as Up and everything pays off handsomely in the wonderful climax. Really felt like this movie deserves to be held in same regard as films like Back To The Future,Raiders Of The Lost Ark,Jaws and Jurassic Park  as far as pure unadulterated classic blockbusters go that people can watch again and again. I even believe it might be comparable to Star Wars for a lot of young people. First film in a while that I actually want to go and see again and again.

????????!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just watched it, had a great time.All of my friends who had no idea who these characters were came out liking it and enthusiastically asked me questions about the characters and the plot. :)Definitely among Marvel's better offerings.A-

Nice Kaji, which one you liked more.

The incredible Captain 2 or Guardians?

• Like 1