Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

What amazes me is that Marvel has the cojones to create an entire cosmic universe without essentials like Silver Surfer and Galactus...or even the FF. Their doing it with Star-Lord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon and making Fox look like fools. Plus, WTH was Fox thinking not taking all that came with FF? Like the Kree, Ronan, etc? How did they fall through the cracks and stay with Marvel? But, I guess it's like The Punisher first being a Spider-Man foe/ally, just because they first appear in a certain character's book, that doesn't necessarily mean they are exclusive to them.

I think the question on everyone's mind is who has the rights to H.E.R.B.I.E.
  • Like 1

Dang, I rarely get the opportunity to say 'I knew that would happen', but I've been saying for the past few weeks that I expected Guardians to break out big time. Funny how it managed to keep up the summer trend of a 90s OW (assuming Deadline's projections are right??)

Took my Bourne's August record down too. Bourne had a nice little reign at the top. :)

Rush Hour 2 had it 6 Years. Borne had it for 7 Years.   "Gaudians" probably won't sell more tickets than either but Props to it for Taken down the record. 

Bourne Adjusted: 

2 The Bourne Ultimatum Uni. $269,460,700

Rush Hour 2 Adjusted: 

1 Rush Hour 2 NL $325,660,600

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 4

That's really annoying, all of the X-Men animations are much better than whatever they are showing now, and I really wanted DOFP toys and comic books etc :(

Businessmen ruin everything :(

I would think Disney have enough cash to buy out X-Men and FF rights tho?

They have enough cash in theory I suppose but there isn't really a price. Fox can ask what they want or even totally refuse. 

Also, I'm not sure Marvel actually wants to spend money for the X-Men and FF as they don't really need them, they're doing incredibly fine without them and the movies are planified for a long time. Although, the FF would be pretty easy to incorporate in the universe and would be great with the cosmic side. Plus, the X-Men would be weird in the MCU, why the mutants would be doing "war" with humans whereas the Avengers and all are celebrated by everyone ? Fox will likely have this problem if they want to mix FF and X-Men 

• Like 1

-70%. TMNT is going to take a bite out of it's second weekend, whether I like it or not.

That's impossible.  I'm not sure if you are being serious or not.

• Like 3

Why paramount let Iron Man go then ?

Iron Man was never a Paramount movie.Iron Man was the first movie produced by Marvel.Paramount only had distribuion rights.Marvel payed a fee for distribution.But, by contract, Paramount had distribution rights for The Avengers and Iron Man 3 too. Disney bought it for 115 million.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/disney-buys-rights-to-four-marvel-movies-from-viacom-s-paramount.html
  • Like 1

Why paramount let Iron Man go then ?

Paramount never owned the rights to making an Iron Man movie. The Iron Man rights were first bought by Universal, who sold it to FOX, and then to New Line Cinema, but the rights went back to Marvel since none of those other studios could make an Iron Man movie work.

Thor was the same way, with his rights being moved from studio to studio until they went back to Marvel. There were even plans to make a Thor tv series, but that was scrapped.

The first Hulk flopped, and Universal was taking too long to make the sequel so the rights were sold back to Marvel.

Black Widow rights reverted back from Lionsgate.

The Cap rights were always with Marvel I think.

Marvel was very lucky being able to get regain all the core Avengers characters.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Say what you will about FOX but I think it's really cool that FANTASTIC FOUR wrapped production and we don't have a single plot detail or a set image or whatever leaves fanboys and fangirls frothing at the mouth. 

• Like 5

Say what you will about FOX but I think it's really cool that FANTASTIC FOUR wrapped production and we don't have a single plot detail or a set image or whatever leaves fanboys and fangirls frothing at the mouth. 

We do have a couple of set images, its just that nobody cared that much.

• Like 1

I don think anyone is that bothered either way...
  • Like 2

Really the closest things to Guardians are the TV shows Firefly and Farscape 

oh my i'm going to love this , you just name two of my fav scifi shows ever (like in my top 5)

sooo no meltdown because it did 37 instead of 40?

Edited by LadyEvenstar22
  • Like 2

That is because nobody cares.

• Like 8