Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

On January 3, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Taylor said:

The 2 Regal theaters in my area have both added La La to their rotation for this weekend. One of them even dropped Rogue from RPX screen and replaced with La La. I got a ticket for 12:15 RPX on Sunday. Looking forward to it. :)

The two movie theaters in my GARBAGE city isn't getting this movie, Underworld and Hidden Figures are showing up though, looks like I might have to resort to "other" means to see it.

Fuck you Lionsgate for not giving La La Land a bigger Theater count!

The theater nearest me is adding LLL, including on a VIP 19+ screen (you have to be over 19 as they serve food and alcohol right to your seat, which are extra large comfy recliners and there are only 114 seats because the seats are so large).

I'm really tempted to splurge and see a VIP showing, even though it's nearly double the price of a regular showing.

• Like 1

OMG my late-ass country is "tentatively" scheduling this on the 11th and I couldn't be more optimistic after oh-so-many delays! I have memorized the soundtrack already and it seems like I can picture the entire film in my head now! Take my coins Chazelle, they've been ready since November. :ohmygod:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lionsgates-highly-acclaimed-la-la-land-poised-for-special-engagement-in-domestic-imax-theatres-beginning-jan-13-300386314.html

Internationally, the film opened in IMAX theatres in South Korea in December 2016 and will continue rolling out in other international territories over the next several months.

"The beautiful presentation of La La Land in IMAX took my breath away," said director Damien Chazelle.  "I cannot wait for audiences to see the work of all the talented crafts-people who helped bring this story to life — the music, sound, production design, costumes, performances — everything explodes in IMAX."

"La La Land is a beautiful and entertaining love letter to old-school Hollywood made with a clear passion for the movies, and what better way to savor the music and unique visual style of Golden Globes®-nominated La La Land than in the most immersive movie-going experience possible — in IMAX," said Greg Foster, CEO of IMAX Entertainment and Senior Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp. "We are excited to work again with our friends and partners at Lionsgate, as well as the incredibly talented writer/director Damien Chazelle in bringing this crowd-pleasing film to IMAX audiences around the world."