grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Kid's right. The way it could kill EuropaCorp come summer is nothing short of horror.

It's gonna be as awesome as The Fifth Element and it will do Lucy's numbers, I have faith in Luc Besson.

Spoiler

I hope... :sadben:

In other news I couldn't catch Batman this weekend but I should be able to next weekend. It's sad though that they only have the dubbed version playing in my city, urgh. I guess that will just have to do...

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

With kids off from school in such majors as the UK, France and Germany, Warner Bros’ Lego Batman clicked with another $21.5M in the sophomore session. That’s from about 13K screens in 62 overseas markets. From opening last frame, the dip is just 34% to bring the offshore total to $72M.

The UK gave the DC hero a No. 1 this weekend with a drop of only 16% for $5.8M and $21.9M to date. The next best plays are Mexico ($1.7M/-34%/$5M cume); Germany — where school holidays are staggered throughout the country — ($1.5M/-33%/$4.1M); Brazil ($1.2M/-38%/$3.8M); and France ($1.1M/-25%/$3.4M). Russia has likewise grossed $3.4M through Sunday.

Up next, the Lego batmobile zooms into China on March 3, followed by Australia on March 30 and Japan on April 1.

• Like 3

LEGO films have been admittedly most successful in english speaking countries, in some countries, especially in Asia, movies have been a real 'bomb'. In South Korea, for example, a country with good potential for animated films, LEGO Batman did not even reach the $1 million mark, while LEGO Movie made a measly $1.5 million, in Japan made just $1.8 million:(. I think it's consensus that the jokes used in movies sound so much better in English.

Also unquestionable is the success of LEGO films in the US, UK and Australia, and the rest of the world? The Asian market is huge, LEGO Batman will have a release in China on March 3, the probability of being a bomb there is also huge. Would not it be time for Warner rethink his strategy and start making the LEGO films with a greater global appeal?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabriel Sales said:

LEGO films have been admittedly most successful in english speaking countries, in some countries, especially in Asia, movies have been a real 'bomb'. In South Korea, for example, a country with good potential for animated films, LEGO Batman did not even reach the $1 million mark, while LEGO Movie made a measly $1.5 million, in Japan made just $1.8 million:(. I think it's consensus that the jokes used in movies sound so much better in English.

Also unquestionable is the success of LEGO films in the US, UK and Australia, and the rest of the world? The Asian market is huge, LEGO Batman will have a release in China on March 3, the probability of being a bomb there is also huge. Would not it be time for Warner rethink his strategy and start making the LEGO films with a greater global appeal?

The issue is making them more globally appeal e.g. dumbing down the humour is that you may risk losing the English speaking audience who love the humour of the first two Lego films. 

14 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

LB has only been in South Korea for 2 weeks