grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

this was good fun. Doesn't surprise the way the lego movie did and is occasionally too manic for its own good, but it doesn't go overboard with the self-aware humor (unlike that ninjago thing which didn't make me chuckle once) and the emotional core is on point. 

• Like 1

This thread is really dead considering this had Uk previews all last weekend and opens in the US tomorrow.

I agree 100% with Grace Randolph on this film, that never happens lol. 

I can't wait til all you Americans find out about that strange WB decision that ruined the film for me halfway through ;)

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This thread is really dead considering this had Uk previews all last weekend and opens in the US tomorrow.

I can't wait til all you Americans find out about that strange WB decision that ruined the film for me halfway through ;)

I am not sure what you are talking about ?

This was great fun, exhausting like the first one, visually exciting, the guy who does the Batman voice is KILLING it and the story is decent, you can see they struggled to find a way to make Batman go from point A to point B.

Maybe a bit too meta for me though, meta humor with dozens of references is a bit easy IMO.

But I laughed a lot and had a blast so, Warner & Lego win round 2.

• Like 1

I can't wait til all you Americans find out about that strange WB decision that ruined the film for me halfway through [emoji6]

I think a lot of the discussion has been in the BO Buzz thread and in the multitude of clubs about it.
  • Like 1

I think in this very niche corner of the internet John Wick's sequel kinda stole its thunder a bit. 

I also thought this thread would be a bit more alive considering it's doing a big opening, it's sort of a superhero movie and it's receiving great reviews. Oh well, maybe after people actually start watching it?

It's funny though that I remember a lot of people last year complaining about this forum turning into a superhero forum and I gotta say I never agreed with it. This forum in general has some real weird and niche tastes when it comes to movies @AAbitterY

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

Going to see this on Saturday with my sister when I visit her at school. Pretty pumped ($8 tickets in the evening too!)

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I think in this very niche corner of the internet John Wick's sequel kinda stole its thunder a bit. 

I also thought this thread would be a bit ore alive considering it's doing a big opening, it's sort of a superhero movie and it's receiving great reviews. Oh well, maybe after people actually start watching it?

It's funny though that I remember a lot of pretty ole last year complaining about this forum turning into a superhero forum and I gotta say I never agreed with it. This forum in general has some real weird and niche tastes when it comes to movies @AAbitterY

I feel like at the height of BvS and CW last year it got a bit too much. We had too many trolls here but it's gotten quite a bit better now. Of course, it's also the slow time of year now, so it's mostly the regulars shooting the shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's funny though that I remember a lot of people last year complaining about this forum turning into a superhero forum and I gotta say I never agreed with it. This forum in general has some real weird and niche tastes when it comes to movies 

To be fair, I think the mods have done a great job in kinda containing the intense superhero fanboyism in their respective threads. Would be a lot worse without their hard work.

You are right though, as a group I think we have a pretty interesting and diverse taste in films. I know there's a lot I've heard about on here that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. It's one of the coolest things about this place.

• Like 2