grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

48 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am not sure what you are talking about ?

Um, 

Spoiler

They lock all of Batmans villains, then bring out random villains from other films but can't find a way torn Batman to interact with any of them. Such a bizarre pointless choice. They had no idea what they were doing in the second half, the jokes dried up.

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Um, 

Hide contents

They lock all of Batmans villains, then bring out random villains from other films but can't find a way torn Batman to interact with any of them. Such a bizarre pointless choice. They had no idea what they were doing in the second half, the jokes dried up.

I must admit I was a bit tired, so I lost some details of the plot, but It was a bit too convulated for its own good.

6 screenwriters are listed for the movie, which is lot.

Just came home from watching it and holy... that was almost transcendent. About as "The Ultimate Movie" a movie can get. Non stop laugh out loud comedy, a lot of very well defined and strong characters that are so good they write themselves, exhausting action, a downright brilliantly thematic script and a third act that just nailed what's possible with the LEGO premise. It's such a smart movie that truly respects and loves everything about Batman. And you know what, it's possible I loved everything about this film.

• Like 5

• Community Manager
Just now, WrathOfHan said:

TLM and Deadpool are about even but Batman is below them.

I laughed way more during Lego Batman than I did during Deadpool. :)

And I had some feels during Lego Batman and no feels during Deadpool

• Like 8

Someone on r/movies said it best -

Spoiler

How does Voldemort get more screen time than Catwoman, Two-Face, and (some other rogues galley villain I don't remember)

I do want all these minifigs though...favorite character was by far The Joker. It's not as witty as TLM but I didn't hate it one bit. I...think I liked it more? I'd have to rewatch TLM.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 2

I saw this yesterday in 2D, and by sheer luck was the only person in the theater at 11 AM. 

It was good, many of the asides and jokes struck home, but it was also a mess. Too frenetic and busy, with things just flying incoherently in all directions at times.

Good, but not as good as the Lego Movie, or as good as I'd hoped it would be. Deserves about a 75% rating on RT, not 92%. 

• Like 1