grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

It seems like they will not put the 4-day numbers  for the Holiday weekend any more. That sucks. This is the biggest mistake! 

There are also some errors in the data. The estimated number of Age of Adeline was 15M in its 5th weekend, which is more than its opening weekend. I know it's typo, but they should really fix it. I would not complain much about the lack of articles, but the lack of accuracy is unacceptable.

I think the site needs stronger writer. It seems they don't have creativity any more. It's all just about routine. When PP2 opens higher than the lifetime gross of PP. There should have been table showing the number of franchise growth and so on...

I miss better old days...

Remember when people complained about Ray Subers?

People had a right to because they actually cared about Mojo's remaining prestige.

Now however, it is turning out to be a rapidly sinking mess crying out for the final kiss of death.

Terrible, coz as far as I can remember, Mojo was the only BO site I was aware of as a teenager, and I would enjoy reading the articles that were linked to the IMDb front page.

The new guy from BOM doesn't even know how to use grammar,

"Opening in 3,972 locations Tomorrowland took in a lower than expected $40.7M just beating out Pitch Perfect 2 and its projected $37.9M in what proved to be a drowsy four-day Memorial weekend frame."

Instead it should be: Opening in 3,972 locations, Tomorrowland

The new guy from BOM doesn't even know how to use grammar,

"Opening in 3,972 locations Tomorrowland took in a lower than expected $40.7M just beating out Pitch Perfect 2 and its projected $37.9M in what proved to be a drowsy four-day Memorial weekend frame."

Instead it should be: Opening in 3,972 locations, Tomorrowland

Not that big a deal.  It just means no one is editing his work.  

• Like 2

I D0nT KARE if hE TyPeS LYKE THIS so long as he puts out all the numbers and information we were getting before with Subers and does proper comparisons.

Well he doesn't, so really he's not doing anything right.

That's disappointing. Judging by everything on there, looks like they are intending to not have as much emphasis on BOM. Doesn't look like they need to have any sort of knowledge about box office, they just need to be able to manage the data. So likely they won't even be as good as Keith Simanton. 

BOM continues to degrade and this is another poor sign. At least it does demonstrate that they don't intend on shutting the site down.