grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Box office gross was not really tracked and reported on a regular basis until the early 80s. Before then, the trades reported something called rentals, which is the portion of the gross that the studios got back from the theaters.

So how did it work? Did they just report the final gross of the movie at the end of its run? Was there a gross report at the end of a month's run? Curious because there had to be people outside of the studios who were interested in how much a movie made compared to its competition.

So how did it work? Did they just report the final gross of the movie at the end of its run? Was there a gross report at the end of a month's run? Curious because there had to be people outside of the studios who were interested in how much a movie made compared to its competition.

The numbers would be mentioned in articles talking about the top movies of the year (and so forth) but like TServo said, the amounts were the rental returns (probably around 55%), not the gross itself.

I would, but it doesn't seem like there's enough job security to warrant moving across the country for

Not a huge concern if they're willing to pay relocation expenses.

I'm considering applying, but the absolutely deplorable state of my resume is a stumbling block.

I would, but it doesn't seem like there's enough job security to warrant moving across the country for   Not a huge concern if they're willing to pay relocation expenses.   I'm considering applying, but the absolutely deplorable state of my resume is a stumbling block.
I'd like to find a legitimate employer that would actually do that

EDIT: Goddamn autocorrect

Edited by tribefan695

So is this the end?

We're sorry but BoxOfficeMojo is unavailable at this time. We are undergoing a database upgrade with an estimated downtime of about four hours. Our thanks for your patronage and your patience. The BoxOfficeMojo Team

www.boxofficemojo.com