CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Alcock seems like the more inspired choice of the two for the direction this seems to be moving in but have to admit I always feel bad whenever these final casting showdowns are reported in the trades because then afterwards everyone knows the names of the people who were so close to landing and didn't secure the role of a lifetime lol.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Milly's a no brainer. Now make sure the movie's great. Do fuck this up, Gunn!

It's not Gunn I'm worried about. It's his boss...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JWR said:

It's not Gunn I'm worried about. It's his boss...

I truly don't think Zaslav is going to interfere unless like the first half of the slate flops. He knows DC is in a troubled state and he wouldn't bother rebooting the universe if he was going to cancel it before it had a chance to turn DC around

• Like 2

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Alcock seems like the more inspired choice of the two for the direction this seems to be moving in but have to admit I always feel bad whenever these final casting showdowns are reported in the trades because then afterwards everyone knows the names of the people who were so close to landing and didn't secure the role of a lifetime lol.

Meg Donnelly is also voicing Supergirl in the current DTV animated universe which is about to end because Gunn wants his own animated projects to take centerstage with the live action actors voicing the characters. So if she misses out on this, she'll be losing a job in hand and a much more lucrative opportunity 😬

On 1/19/2024 at 2:53 PM, ChipDerby said:

Copyright should probably be something like Life of the Creator + Life of their children. 

Copyright varies from country to  country. In the US it's  lifetime of it's creators plus 70 years

• Like 1

The castings for this haven’t been as out of the box and cool as the ones were for Reeves’ Batman, but each one was still a pretty easy home-run (almost the exact opposite of the Snyder castings lol)

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

genre been done to death between tv and movies , how many supermen and supergirls do we need?

I think that oversaturation is a part of why Superman franchise can't take off.  When you have the character on TV that makes seeing him in movies kinda obsolete. I love Milly and hope for the best but Supergirl has been on TV forever so the character isn't a novelty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

genre been done to death between tv and movies , how many supermen and supergirls do we need?

This is such a reductionist way of looking at cinema. 

Anyway, I'm happy for Milly and I'm sure she'll do amazing.