CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

I know this is most likely fake since is 4chan but I thought it would be an interesting read. 

- The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

- J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.

- Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.

- Brainiac is the main villain. 

- The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor. 

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.

- General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.

- Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton. 

- The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.

- Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.

- Superman will travel to space in this film. 

- Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger die to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.

- Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.

- The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.

24 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Spoiler

I know this is most likely fake since is 4chan but I thought it would be an interesting read. 

- The working titles for the film are Superman: Last Son and Last Son of Krypton.

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the story.

- J.J Abrams has been approached to direct the film. Doug Liman was also a candidate. Snyder is still interested in directing the character.

- Snyder and Johns want to complete a Superman trilogy.

- Brainiac is the main villain. 

- The film would open with a Krypton sequence ten years before the birth of Superman. Brainiac takes the city of Kandor while General Zod, Faora and his forces try to defend the city. Kara Zor-El is also a soldier that ends up trapped by Brainiac in the bottled city of Kandor. 

- Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder wrote the opening sequence with the intention of showing that General Zod was once a hero.

- General Sam Lane would have a small role in the film and will be set up as a potential future antagonist.

- Lois Lane's role is really small. The story will focus on Superman, Brainiac and Krypton. 

- The capital of Thanagar will be in Brainiac's collection.

- Martain Manhunter was discussed at one point. He would have chased Brainiac to earth after Brainiac captured his race alongside his family.

- Superman will travel to space in this film. 

- Kara Zor-El will meet her cousin once he enters Brainiac's ship. She'll be younger die to the fact that races in bottled cities don't age.

- Superman would fight Brianiac twice in this film. In space and on Earth.

- The Justice League would make a cameo at the end of the film to help Superman in the final battle.

It certainly sounds ambitious and I'd like to see Kara but yeah it's 4chan so who knows.

Edited by Arlborn

On 8/9/2016 at 9:36 PM, DMan7 said:

Hopefully there will be very little flashbacks this time since the directors cant' seem to handle them properly so far and make the movies an incoherent mess.

Yeah, I would use 0 if I were them, if they want something from the past use it at the beginning of the film. not that flash backs can't work, but yeah.

On 8/30/2016 at 10:14 AM, Arlborn said:

It certainly sounds ambitious and I'd like to see Kara but yeah it's 4chan so who knows.

Spoiler

Zack Synder wrote it?... No thank you. also, it sounds way to action heavy. Superman should not be an action film.

Edited by Kalo

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Superman shouldn't be an action film? What the hell? I guess you want it to be a Rom Com?

Yup that's exactly what I want. :D

Okay maybe I misworded that a little. sure it should be an action film, as a sub-genre, but I don't like how violent and over the top MoS action was. Superman's action should be more about adventure wonder, and rescuing people and have more character interaction moments than some superhero films. I mean there is several ways you can do it. but after the (awful) action fest that MoS was I really would tone down the action part and focus more on character.

Edited by Kalo

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Vaughn would be excellent but would he do it? 

Its very early talks currently

Sources tell us that Kingsman: The Secret Service filmmaker Matthew Vaughn is Warner Bros.’ top choice to direct Man of Steel 2, and preliminary conversations about the prospect have taken place. This isn’t yet in the deal-making stage, and Vaughn could very well end up not directing the film, but he’s who Warner Bros. wants at this point in time. Moreover, sources tell us that if Vaughn for some reason doesn’t direct Man of Steel 2, Warner Bros. still wants him to helm another superhero movie in the DCEU.

• Like 2